• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poecilotheria/Pokie Club

Anthony York

3 Year Member
you know of any reason why it wouldn't come out some cause this is it enclosure.

Attachments

• encl.jpg
    encl.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 31

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello
I just had to post this update,one of the Poecilotheria Metallica molted within the communal no problems were encountered. Remember they were never together,so this is just amazing and proves they can be reintroduced even if they were never together.

uploadfromtaptalk1413221146371.jpg

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
Mines only .8" or so so I can't say too much about them yet lol but I love it so far. Seems to be faster growing than my S. calceatum. Webs a bit and has a great feeding response. Looking forward to when it gets larger.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wish I could afford a P.metallica right now. I'm glad that the price is dropping though. Hopefully I can acquire one before that ban comes into effect.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wish I could afford a P.metallica right now. I'm glad that the price is dropping though. Hopefully I can acquire one before that ban comes into effect.

The ban is not in effect yet,also I feel its a joke since looking at the biggest reason for the downward trend in numbers is due mostly to deforestation and expansion of human settlements. They want to keep it safe from the hobby,meaning illegal collection of specimens but its okay to cut down thousands of trees not only Poecilotheria Metallica's homes but numerous other animals plants insects etc for the sake of development.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm not really sure what you mean. To my knowledge it's illegal to take them out of the wild. The ban has to do with keeping pokies, whether they're captive bred or not. How likely it is that this will go through, I cannot say.

Logan D

3 Year Member
it would just be stupid if they made it so we couldn't keep pokies considering theyre the ones making them low in wild population number breeding them in this hobby is whats keeping the p. Metallica from going extinct along with some other pokies

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It is a joke. But they can still do it.

They can do it,and still fall flat on their faces. Like so many animals insects etc that have gone extinct,in South Africa we have strict laws etc,yet they are just continuing killing off rhinos. My point on this is,the hobby or pet owners aren't the ones killing off tarantula numbers but humans who deforest or develop areas for settlements as like poachers or collectors of wild caught specimens. If they had a breeding programme for say Tarantulas that actually supplied the pet trade,they could stop wild caught collection and make money to push back into nature conservation.

Latest posts