• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new slings look sore

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I got three new Rosie slings this week, they were living in swampy, mouldy, stinking little pots so the first thing I did was move them onto clean, dry substrate. Two of them have burrowed by the heater and although there abdomens look patchy they seem content. The largest one looks very sore and reluctant to move, on examining photos I took of him it looks very sore around the top of his legs. His pot was very mouldy and much worse than the others and I'm not surprised he doesn't want to move. Will this heal quickly, do I have to wait until he moults or is there anything I can put on it ? Any help welcome as I've never seen a t in such bad condition.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
2012-12-30 11.09.22.jpg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would just keep an eye on him. might take the little guy some time to adjust to clean and healthy home.
Thanks, I guessed it was a wait and see thing but he looks so sore although he is perched on his hide. I left a fresh cricket corpse next to him as I think his leg is too sore for chasing dinner but he doesn't seem hungry so I will take it out in a minute. He is such a sweetie but must feel miserable being so sore, I am going to report it to the rspca tho and some of my friends at the stables have said they will as well as my new slings are gifts from people who's horses I look after and although they are not tarantula fans, they were horrified at the mouldy pots the babies were in.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just woke up and Dakota is grooming himself, looks like he has moved a bit but he has not got off of the toilet roll tube at least he is doing something now, he looked like he was in shock but as I said he looks very sore. The other two have made themselves right at home. Thanks for asking after him, he is a sweet little thing.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Glad that he's grooming! Poor little guy :( Glad you got him home when you did, I know you'll make sure he's good as new in no time, Harley!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Glad that he's grooming! Poor little guy :( Glad you got him home when you did, I know you'll make sure he's good as new in no time, Harley!
Thanks a lot bast hopefully the little dumpling will soon recover he's typical cute Chile. He seems to be moving a bit more but has not got off his toilet roll tube yet. I will try giving him another cricket tomorrow. His sisters candy and diamond are perky and active.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Maybe he's close to a moult...he may even be forcing a moult if there is any damage to his feet. Fingers crossed that he perks up real soon!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He has had a wander on his toilet roll and a little wash, he doesn't want to go on the substrate even tho its clean and dry. Maybe he thinks he is an avic. He don't look so depressed and shocked now.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i want a rosea jealous much lol
Essex is full of rosies they are in shops, garden centers, wouldn't surprise me if they start popping up in off licences soon. You can have pick of the litter if any of mine have babies in a few years.

Latest posts