• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new slings look sore

Atx13

3 Year Member
Thankyou very much for your good wishes everyone it's much appreciated and lovely to know everyone was rooting for him. :) he is a little sweetie pie. I've been driving myself up the wall tho, wondering who is male and who is female. Going on the theory that males grow faster and mature quicker I think diamond and Dakota are male and candy is female. Rapunzel is male and money and Coppelia are female. Pirate and bandit could both be male :( I think I need to send some skins off for analysis .
How big are they?

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
In inches from tip of back leg to tip of front diamond and Dakota are around one and a half inches , candy is around one inch. Candy is a lot narrower in her abdomen as well, her abdomen is not thin she just isn't as chunky as the others. Money and Coppelia are around one inch and also quite fine where Rapunzel is around 1 and a quarter inches and chunkier. Coppelia is very very fat at the moment she must be ready to moult. Money is so weedy looking, he really makes me laugh he was smaller then an ant when I got him and he hurtles around in his pot like a hyperactive kid with two litres of Pepsi.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have reported to the rspca about the slings. I kept there mouldy pots to show and have the pictures of Dakotas sores. They are calling tomorrow to arrange someone coming over to see him. I know that nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes but what them babies were living in was lazy, filthy neglect. I'm not prepared to turn a blind eye to it as if everyone does that these shops will just carry on I'll treating there animals. Huge thanks to everyone who wished Dakota well, I actually am in love with him ( money don't know.)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
HQ, good job standing up for those spiders! More people need to realize that spiders, reptiles and other exotics aren't disposable pets that don't need the same respect as the cute and fuzzy mammals do (not that there aren't terrible acts committed against them as well), and that they need to have their needs met; just like any other living thing. I really hope that it makes an impact and change happens!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
HQ, good job standing up for those spiders! More people need to realize that spiders, reptiles and other exotics aren't disposable pets that don't need the same respect as the cute and fuzzy mammals do (not that there aren't terrible acts committed against them as well), and that they need to have their needs met; just like any other living thing. I really hope that it makes an impact and change happens!
Thanks a lot. I will do what it takes to improve things for the others that are left behind . You are right, ts are treated like second class citizens :(

Latest posts