• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moderators

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol I use arse and shyte, not to break the rules, but seeing some of the angry posts there and the language..yet those folks are still posting...just seems messed up. Casey says one thing & ten folks are disliking her post and tattling to the god mods.
Now to be fair. TONS of great peeps there. Damn shame some ruin it for the many.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I haven't logged on to AB in ages, but I'm sure I can and if you want I can message your peeps for you? I don't mind since thats all I ever entered AB for was PMs to my friends on the site.
Thank you very much....actually, it would be much easier to let them know in a thread. You can put it in the watering hole (if you're a member). Title the thread "Casey K". Then you can say "She wants everyone to know that she was banned for using asterisks and that the ban will be lifted on August 16th. If you need anything, you can contact her via email at: [email protected] Thank you.". Thanks....:)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I haven't logged on to AB in ages, but I'm sure I can and if you want I can message your peeps for you? I don't mind since thats all I ever entered AB for was PMs to my friends on the site.
If you were male you would be Casey's ****e in knighting armour (just a typo Enn I promise)
Thank you very much....actually, it would be much easier to let them know in a thread. You can put it in the watering hole (if you're a member). Title the thread "Casey K". Then you can say "She wants everyone to know that she was banned for using asterisks and that the ban will be lifted on August 16th. If you need anything, you can contact her via email at: [email protected] Thank you.". Thanks....:)
Spam mails for Casey coming right up.....mwhahaha ha. ....just joking Hun, watering hole seems a good idea. I will have a pint please ☺

Psyrocke

3 Year Member

I am a member and it has been posted.

Thistles

3 Year Member
What do you mean? You think it's hybrid? It's ok, no offense taken. Lol...you will be surprised when it molts again. :). I just sit back and let it all fall into place. I know there are hybrid forms but I've seen female Cambridgei that look similar to Irminia prior to their maturing molt. I sold one to a local guy....he is actually on AB....I can't think of his profile name off hand but he could tell you the same thing I am. After we met up (I sold cage & all so she was still in her hide) he called me about an hour after I had gotten home telling me that I had sold him an irminia instead of Cambridgei. I assured him that wasn't the case. He did know that there are similarities and differences between the two. He informed me that the leg striping was that of irminia. He wasn't complaining, though and told me it was ok and that she was beautiful. Said he had an irminia female now and didn't think much of it. Lol....let me tell you, this guy calls me MONTHS later apologizing. I said why are you apologizing to me? You owe me no apology? He said "because the cambridgei female you sold me that I thought was irminia molted and it's 100% cambridgei!". Lol....when I purchased this exact cambridgei from a lady I have dealt with for over a year I thought the same thing. I asked her if she was certain it was cambridgei because it looked like an irminia to me. She said "yes it's cambridgei". So, needless to say the story has a happy ending. I'm not offended by anyone thinking otherwise. I thought the same thing, myself. There will come a time when the true cambridgei colors will show. I assure you, there are plenty of Cambridgei that have that dark color prior to maturing...you just gotta wait it out. I've noticed this in EVERY female cambridgei I've ever owned. A lot of people grow their slings and state that their Cambridgei have always had the light color. You know, I'm wondering if this is a case of something similar to LCF/DCF? You remember how H. lividum used to have a sky blue (light blue) colored carapace? Now, all I see are dark gray colored carapace......or with H. schmidti....there is a darker form and there is a lighter form. I know it sounds crazy but perhaps one or the other comes from breeding so many in captivity. You've seen the brown hobby form of B. albopilosum, right?? Oh gosh, you should see the beautiful copper colored wild caught! I'm thinking that it's a possibility after producing and breeding so many times that tarantulas color changes with time.
Yeah, I do think it's a hybrid. Even a molt wouldn't confirm it for me because who knows which side of the family she'd take after and to what degree? I've only raised 4 P. cams, but they've all been light. Sure, there are variations in some species, and in some that variation is due to hybridization. In others, it's probably due to the founder effect working on the small population of CB tarantulas. I would not rush in to call such a drastic difference in color in a species we already know has been hybridized a color form. Is it possible that it's just a change in the population over time? Sure. Is it likely? Nah, it's way more likely that some jelly got into that peanut butter. Again, I'm not blaming you. You sold it as what you bought it as. It could happen to anyone. I am saying that that specimen shouldn't be bred.

Thistles

3 Year Member
Thank you so much! I hope that doesn't get you into trouble (I don't think it should)....if it does then those people are crazy!
Honestly, it might be seen as circumventing the rules and posting by proxy lol. I hope not, obviously, but it wouldn't shock me if it did.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Lol I use arse and shyte, not to break the rules, but seeing some of the angry posts there and the language..yet those folks are still posting...just seems messed up. Casey says one thing & ten folks are disliking her post and tattling to the god mods.
Now to be fair. TONS of great peeps there. Damn shame some ruin it for the many.
Now, now, Kymura, "damn" is a bad word.....you can't say that on AB, lol....there are "no" adults there. It is a site specifically made for "children"....lol...

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If it does and I get banned for it...then so be it. I never go on anyways so its not like it would change much in my life haha.
Oh those were never my intentions! I hope you don't get in trouble over me!!! I wonder if there is a rule there that mentions something like that? I'm just wanting my friends to know what's going on. Some people on there are in constant contact with me via AB but dont have my contact info.....I wonder if it's "visible" in my profile? I think the mods fix it to where personal info in your profile isn't viewable by others.....hmmmm.....something else I'm gonna have to look into. I already had one person (that actually has my #) text me & say he tried to reach me on AB but couldn't find me....

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Especially for you @Casey K. when your violation is lifted. 140 ways to cuss politely
http://agentfrey.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/bad-words-141-alternative-ways-to-cuss.html
Just don't use any of these on me or I will know what you really mean!!!!!!
:p

Lmao! If you get banned for "editing" your inappropriate words (ESPECIALLY given situation was in the watering hole!), I'm sure they'll ban you for anything!!! Someone chewed too many paint chips off the walls as a child.....

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Honestly, it might be seen as circumventing the rules and posting by proxy lol. I hope not, obviously, but it wouldn't shock me if it did.

I know, girl. There's no telling what they'll do next on AB.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Oh those were never my intentions! I hope you don't get in trouble over me!!! I wonder if there is a rule there that mentions something like that? I'm just wanting my friends to know what's going on. Some people on there are in constant contact with me via AB but dont have my contact info.....I wonder if it's "visible" in my profile? I think the mods fix it to where personal info in your profile isn't viewable by others.....hmmmm.....something else I'm gonna have to look into. I already had one person (that actually has my #) text me & say he tried to reach me on AB but couldn't find me....

Oh it doesn't matter to me but so far so good. No responses to the thread itself yet and I am still able to view the forums. Legit this is the first time I've gone on in like MONTHS haha.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lmao! If you get banned for "editing" your inappropriate words (ESPECIALLY given situation was in the watering hole!), I'm sure they'll ban you for anything!!! Someone chewed too many paint chips off the walls as a child.....
We call those window lickers this side of the pond.....lol