• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moderators

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I was very candid with two of them:) In personal messages. This came after snarling at the douchbags being spoken of in this thread in the open forums. I managed to anger a whole lot of people in a very short time. It is what it is;) Im much happier here. And my psychiatrist says i'm making progress, and soon the electroshock therapy will be over :D
I've noticed that.....how some people here are linked to AB as well. I'm one of them....Kymura- I see her pop up when the sharks start closing in, lol....Scoolman- it's been a while, though....my friend Austin (one of the best guys you will EVER know!)....there are a couple of sneaky ones, though, that you gotta look out for....

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Oh I'm definitely not afraid here..I ask all sorts of questions! See my latest on how tell if a tarantula is mature haha. It is definitely more community and friendly/family feel here.

But I also like here you dont have to have some ridicolous minimum of posts per month I think it was to post in the looking for section or pay money.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
No offense, Casey, but he's right about that Psalmo. You brought it up, not me, lol.

What do you mean? You think it's hybrid? It's ok, no offense taken. Lol...you will be surprised when it molts again. :). I just sit back and let it all fall into place. I know there are hybrid forms but I've seen female Cambridgei that look similar to Irminia prior to their maturing molt. I sold one to a local guy....he is actually on AB....I can't think of his profile name off hand but he could tell you the same thing I am. After we met up (I sold cage & all so she was still in her hide) he called me about an hour after I had gotten home telling me that I had sold him an irminia instead of Cambridgei. I assured him that wasn't the case. He did know that there are similarities and differences between the two. He informed me that the leg striping was that of irminia. He wasn't complaining, though and told me it was ok and that she was beautiful. Said he had an irminia female now and didn't think much of it. Lol....let me tell you, this guy calls me MONTHS later apologizing. I said why are you apologizing to me? You owe me no apology? He said "because the cambridgei female you sold me that I thought was irminia molted and it's 100% cambridgei!". Lol....when I purchased this exact cambridgei from a lady I have dealt with for over a year I thought the same thing. I asked her if she was certain it was cambridgei because it looked like an irminia to me. She said "yes it's cambridgei". So, needless to say the story has a happy ending. I'm not offended by anyone thinking otherwise. I thought the same thing, myself. There will come a time when the true cambridgei colors will show. I assure you, there are plenty of Cambridgei that have that dark color prior to maturing...you just gotta wait it out. I've noticed this in EVERY female cambridgei I've ever owned. A lot of people grow their slings and state that their Cambridgei have always had the light color. You know, I'm wondering if this is a case of something similar to LCF/DCF? You remember how H. lividum used to have a sky blue (light blue) colored carapace? Now, all I see are dark gray colored carapace......or with H. schmidti....there is a darker form and there is a lighter form. I know it sounds crazy but perhaps one or the other comes from breeding so many in captivity. You've seen the brown hobby form of B. albopilosum, right?? Oh gosh, you should see the beautiful copper colored wild caught! I'm thinking that it's a possibility after producing and breeding so many times that tarantulas color changes with time.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It was Ami sp Panama. A beautiful little T that I'm so pleased I bought.
I think I responded to that thread....I know I started one with info pertaining to the genus....wasn't I the one that referred you to Amanda and Martin? I think that was after I had contacted them about info pertaining to T. sp. panama. Idk, lol.....I remember a thread having something to do with that. I'm so sorry you got the cold shoulder from everyone. That's very sad when someone tries to build their knowledge only to get shunned for doing so. People like that need to be put in their place. There was a point in time when they didn't know **** about a tarantula!!!! How did they get this far? Perhaps research but I guarantee you that they asked questions along the way. For those who didn't, not everything you read on the internet is valid. It's always best to take it from someone who has had one on one experience (even though experiences differ). (Oh wait....you said "Ami", lol.....panama threw me off, lol)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
No offense, Casey, but he's right about that Psalmo. You brought it up, not me, lol.

WAIT!!! NOW I KNOW WHO IT WAS!!! INVERTS UNLIMITED! They actually have their own website! I think he is on this forum, too......lol.....let me see if he can share the story. :)

Telson

3 Year Member
What do you mean? You think it's hybrid? It's ok, no offense taken. Lol...you will be surprised when it molts again. :). I just sit back and let it all fall into place. I know there are hybrid forms but I've seen female Cambridgei that look similar to Irminia prior to their maturing molt. I sold one to a local guy....he is actually on AB....I can't think of his profile name off hand but he could tell you the same thing I am. After we met up (I sold cage & all so she was still in her hide) he called me about an hour after I had gotten home telling me that I had sold him an irminia instead of Cambridgei. I assured him that wasn't the case. He did know that there are similarities and differences between the two. He informed me that the leg striping was that of irminia. He wasn't complaining, though and told me it was ok and that she was beautiful. Said he had an irminia female now and didn't think much of it. Lol....let me tell you, this guy calls me MONTHS later apologizing. I said why are you apologizing to me? You owe me no apology? He said "because the cambridgei female you sold me that I thought was irminia molted and it's 100% cambridgei!". Lol....when I purchased this exact cambridgei from a lady I have dealt with for over a year I thought the same thing. I asked her if she was certain it was cambridgei because it looked like an irminia to me. She said "yes it's cambridgei". So, needless to say the story has a happy ending. I'm not offended by anyone thinking otherwise. I thought the same thing, myself. There will come a time when the true cambridgei colors will show. I assure you, there are plenty of Cambridgei that have that dark color prior to maturing...you just gotta wait it out. I've noticed this in EVERY female cambridgei I've ever owned. A lot of people grow their slings and state that their Cambridgei have always had the light color. You know, I'm wondering if this is a case of something similar to LCF/DCF? You remember how H. lividum used to have a sky blue (light blue) colored carapace? Now, all I see are dark gray colored carapace......or with H. schmidti....there is a darker form and there is a lighter form. I know it sounds crazy but perhaps one or the other comes from breeding so many in captivity. You've seen the brown hobby form of B. albopilosum, right?? Oh gosh, you should see the beautiful copper colored wild caught! I'm thinking that it's a possibility after producing and breeding so many times that tarantulas color changes with time.
I noticed the same thing with the lividum, and a few other sp as well. B albo, B vagans, a few Ceratogyrus sp..there are others. There's also regional color variations to consider. I've seen people arguing about hybrid Psalmopeous before as well, several times. You could be right about color forms. And it could be due to hybrids, or regions, or God laughing at us, lol. It would take a taxonomist to prove it one way or another. These arguments are generally due to ego, personal experience and knowledge, opinion and boredom. :p Always started that way for me, anyways. Lol!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I noticed the same thing with the lividum, and a few other sp as well. B albo, B vagans, a few Ceratogyrus sp..there are others. There's also regional color variations to consider. I've seen people arguing about hybrid Psalmopeous before as well, several times. You could be right about color forms. And it could be due to hybrids, or regions, or God laughing at us, lol. It would take a taxonomist to prove it one way or another. These arguments are generally due to ego, personal experience and knowledge, opinion and boredom. :p Always started that way for me, anyways. Lol!

True true. :). I am actually one that is going off of personal experience. I wish I had an ego, lol....I do get bored quite often. I am very opinionated. If God is laughing at us it's because He knows all. Probably the ONLY One that could put us in our place on anything that has to do with the tarantulas He created, lol.... :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You shouldn't be fearful in this forum. These mods are like pitbulls....lurking....waiting for a spammer or crazy person (not so nice, though) like me to enter if they dare! Lol. There are real friendly people here. There are a couple of occasions where there are "issues" that need be dealt with but you bet your sweet hind end that these mods don't play "favorites". This is a friendly community.....and we are ALL family here! :)
Just as 2nd cousin twice removed @Casey K. Just said. From Uncle Phil. Sing it everyone, " We are family, I've got all my spiders with me"

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There are some good people left on AB. NOT that I'm picking at mods or anything because they're just doing their jobs and it is MUCH appreciated, btw, shout out to all you mods that successfully tolerate my BS along with others...;). Ok...now, I feel this guy has it out for me. No names. Unprofessional. I was banned from AB for a month for using "inappropriate language". Now, I'm familiar with the rules (now). Prior to, I did use "inappropriate" LANGUAGE, however, during the entire process, I used asterisks to edit my words. Example: **** became sh*t and so on and so forth. Only words I DIDN'T edit was damn & hell. Ok, afterward, I received a "warning" from said mod. So, RESPECTING his wishes and further following rules of AB, I COMPLETELY edited all inappropriate words. Example: **** became **** and ass became ***. You get the idea. I was banned for 30 days for use of inappropriate language. Let me tell you in all my days of life I have never met ANYONE that knew how to read an "asterisk"!!!!! We need to add those symbols to the dictionary so that they can have definitions to the words they represent.
What a *£¥₩&**** way to treat someone. I hope you told them to get * &**! €£¥******.....*** (the last 3 were for LOL if asterix is not your first language) love your posts Casey, tell it straight girl ☺

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What a *£¥₩&**** way to treat someone. I hope you told them to get * &**! €£¥******.....*** (the last 3 were for LOL if asterix is not your first language) love your posts Casey, tell it straight girl ☺

This is what you get for using "asterisks" on AB, lol....Advan will ban your ***!!!! :D

Screenshot_20160720-132621.png

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I can't even open my inbox to read my messages and let all my friends know what's going on! Ugh. I thought they just banned you from posting or trying to buy, etc.....it's kinda messed up to ban someone from their "personal" messages & educational purposes (such as needing info on a T). ****heads!!!!

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I can't even open my inbox to read my messages and let all my friends know what's going on! Ugh. I thought they just banned you from posting or trying to buy, etc.....it's kinda messed up to ban someone from their "personal" messages & educational purposes (such as needing info on a T). ****heads!!!!
You naughty girl...... Even after your violation is lifted, I reckon you are marked now and on the naughty list. You will have to be all sugar N spice now. ... Let me know how that works out.....ha ha. I reckon you will be serving another ban by the end of August. LMAO. Can you say arse when it is being laughed off? You are a bad influence on me!