• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moderators

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Are there any mods in this forum that ARE mods on AB? Just curious....need to let out a little steam but don't want to get banned for using "asterisks" in this forum, either....:rolleyes::D

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
There are some good people left on AB. NOT that I'm picking at mods or anything because they're just doing their jobs and it is MUCH appreciated, btw, shout out to all you mods that successfully tolerate my BS along with others...;). Ok...now, I feel this guy has it out for me. No names. Unprofessional. I was banned from AB for a month for using "inappropriate language". Now, I'm familiar with the rules (now). Prior to, I did use "inappropriate" LANGUAGE, however, during the entire process, I used asterisks to edit my words. Example: **** became sh*t and so on and so forth. Only words I DIDN'T edit was damn & hell. Ok, afterward, I received a "warning" from said mod. So, RESPECTING his wishes and further following rules of AB, I COMPLETELY edited all inappropriate words. Example: **** became **** and ass became ***. You get the idea. I was banned for 30 days for use of inappropriate language. Let me tell you in all my days of life I have never met ANYONE that knew how to read an "asterisk"!!!!! We need to add those symbols to the dictionary so that they can have definitions to the words they represent.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Might I add on top of this that "in between" the warning and the ban, said mod was put in his place by none other than Casey K herself because he was automatically "assuming" something in a thread that had to do with a certain "female Cambridgei" species in question......you remember that one, huh, @Kymura? Or perhaps you left prior to.....???

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Or that may have happened prior to my warning, lol.....I can't remember....oh well....AB isn't the only forum...:D

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My problem with them is, point blank. Different rules for different people. If it was the same for everyone it wouldn't seem so vicious. But it's not. And they are gunning for Casey! Seen folks go off with F this and F that (full words) and zero is done. Seen some of the T gods demoralize and basically attack folks for not searching before asking. But if they search and post they get reamed for posting a necro thread. Lot of great folks there and a lot of good info. But the clicky games and favoritism is a bit juvenile. Guess it's because we ran a gaming forum for years and our rules went for everyone no matter who they were. Kicked and banned one of our admins for a racist comment.

Last edited:

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My problem with them is, point blank. Different rules for different people. If it was the same for everyone it wouldn't seem so vicious. But it's not. And they are gunning for Casey! Seen folks go off with F this and F that (full words) and zero is done. Seen some of the T gods demoralize and basically attack folks for not searching before asking. But if they search and post they get reamed for posting a necro thread. Lot of great folks there and a lot of good info. But the click games and favoritism is a bit juvenile. Guess it's because we ran a gaming forum for years and our rules went for everyone no matter who they were. Kicked and banned one of our admins for a racist comment.

You know, it's funny you mention that. I always find myself climbing out of the shark tank every once in a while on AB, lol.....only to dive right back in! ;)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have not been on AB in months, might be years now, not sure.
Perhaps you need to go back and teach them how immoral it is to be prejudiced (biased). AB needs "unbiased" mods. So far my favorite mod on AB is Aphonopelma Texas. He is pretty cool.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Lol!!! I'm being biased in my previous statement! Listen to this pot call the kettle black, lol!! Actually, I like all mods. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cuz the a**hole mods give me something to do when I'm bored. So very entertaining....well, at least until they ban me, lol....So far, all the mods here are pretty cool and most importantly, they are FAIR. That's what counts!

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I left AB for those reasons, the favoritism is so rampant and if you are newbie there is no getting anywhere. I came here cause I don't post frequently enough to be ablt to post in WTB thread there..but I don't post because if I do I'm afraid I will get attacked. Back in the day I gently came to peoples defense but I left there somewhere mid summer last year.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I left AB after asking for advice on a species that I'd already searched the web for but found nothing. I was told Google is your friend so I emailed Tarantulas Canada as they had them on their for sale list. I received a lovely reply from Amanda giving full care instructions. I was rather naughty and posted that I'd found someone more helpful than them to which they complained that I hadn't shared the info I'd got. One rule for them and one for the rest of us.

Telson

3 Year Member
You were permanently banned? What did you do? Use asterisks towards a moderator??? :eek::D
I was very candid with two of them:) In personal messages. This came after snarling at the douchbags being spoken of in this thread in the open forums. I managed to anger a whole lot of people in a very short time. It is what it is;) Im much happier here. And my psychiatrist says i'm making progress, and soon the electroshock therapy will be over :D

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They do have a ton of good info on there. And some great folks as well...Just a lot of folks with a god complex.
They don't realize I AM a goddess so their shyte rolls off me with little impact. I usually get my say but subtly. I'm old tho and owned a grooming shop for years so I'm used to folks with major attitude trying to be important when they aren't.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They do have a ton of good info on there. And some great folks as well...Just a lot of folks with a god complex.
They don't realize I AM a goddess so their shyte rolls off me with little impact. I usually get my say but subtly. I'm old tho and owned a grooming shop for years so I'm used to folks with major attitude trying to be important when they aren't.

You got that right! We all bleed the same color!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I left AB after asking for advice on a species that I'd already searched the web for but found nothing. I was told Google is your friend so I emailed Tarantulas Canada as they had them on their for sale list. I received a lovely reply from Amanda giving full care instructions. I was rather naughty and posted that I'd found someone more helpful than them to which they complained that I hadn't shared the info I'd got. One rule for them and one for the rest of us.

Was it T. sp. panama?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I left AB for those reasons, the favoritism is so rampant and if you are newbie there is no getting anywhere. I came here cause I don't post frequently enough to be ablt to post in WTB thread there..but I don't post because if I do I'm afraid I will get attacked. Back in the day I gently came to peoples defense but I left there somewhere mid summer last year.

You shouldn't be fearful in this forum. These mods are like pitbulls....lurking....waiting for a spammer or crazy person (not so nice, though) like me to enter if they dare! Lol. There are real friendly people here. There are a couple of occasions where there are "issues" that need be dealt with but you bet your sweet hind end that these mods don't play "favorites". This is a friendly community.....and we are ALL family here! :)

Latest posts