• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kormath's Ts

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome! So happy for you guys, unpacking a new spider is just the best ever feeling :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome! So happy for you guys, unpacking a new spider is just the best ever feeling :)
Especially when you unpack one thinking it's 1.5" and it's as big or bigger as the 2"ish GBB you have already. I've noticed that with Ken's spiders. The 1/4" B. albo we got is quite a bit bigger than the 1/4" g. rosea. He did warn me those 2 were just tiny babies "about" 1/4" though :) All in all i'm very happy with his service and selection and my new Ts. or our new Ts I should say. :D

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My son just called, said Redrum has burrowed down all the way to the bottom of the enclosure and he could see him through the acrylic bottom. But he must have spooked him as Redrum moved and pushed substrate down to "close" that opening lol. So at least we know he's still alive :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The accidental order b. albo Larry arrived safe and sound after an all expense paid weekend vacation at the USPS.

Here's the little guy fresh out of the shipping bottle.
20151221_173300.jpg

Here he is playing with legos munching on a pinhead lateralis.
20151221_174954.jpg

I'm thinking he's closer to 3/4 than 1/2 inch.

Redrum hasn't molted yet, but he did make use of the starter burrow i did on the side of the enclosure and buries himself. you can kind of see how dark and shiny his abdomen is. He should be molting anytime now. Label maker has come in handy :) My son has labels for all the T's now.
20151221_173813.jpg

Not to be outdone, Moe has been busy creating tunnels while i was gone over the weekend. Still haven't seen him since i put him in the enclosure but the pinhead i dropped in there tonight never returned from the tunnel it went in.
20151221_175306.jpg

I had to unbury the water dish, he had it totally covered.

And then i had a surprise when i got home tonight. Savage has half a bare abdomen and it's almost black, looks like a bad bruise lol bluish black.
20151221_193153.jpg

Looks like he'll molt soon too. :)

he's also in his new enclosure. the other one was a little cramped. I'll add pic of it in the enclosure thread.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
OMgosh! I LOVE great big T's but there's something about a little sling that gets me every time :) Adorable!

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Gorgeous spiders. Your Genic especially :T:, I love it when they've got their adult colours, but are still small. Like miniature versions of themselves.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Marley. Our c. cyanopubescens molted last night. I got a couple pics but didn't want to disturb him much. His molt is still with him in the web. Hopefully he'll move it or he'll be out of there when I get back from xmas so I can keep it for my son's collection.
20151222_223441.jpg
20151223_013548.jpg

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I took pic of Marley's molt but it won't let me upload it. He was 2" almost exact.

My B. vagans also molted while I was gone this past weekend. Here's his molt.
20151228_174232.jpg

He has a really cool coloring now. A light brown underside and jet black almost on top.
20151228_174858.jpg

Can't see it there to well but that's the best pic he'd let me take.

Here's Marley looking gorgeous 8 days post molt
20151228_175047.jpg

I'd say he's close to 3" now. Molt was too ruined to see the sex and he has 2 legs of it hanging in his webbing as souvenirs.

Now I just need that boehmei PITA to molt and the rosea to eat lol. The rosea is so tiny and skittish I'm not sure what to feed it. I've been using mortally wounded pin head lateralis but she avoids them. Must be in one of their infamous fasting sessions.

Haven't seen the tiny B. albo since I got it but the pin heads aren't returning from the tunnels. So unless they're banding together and planning a mutiny I think he's eating.

The larger B. albo has burrowed down to the bottom corner of the enclosure but when I try and get a pic of him he goes up the tunnel and hides.

Meludox

3 Year Member
Such a tiny B. vagans molt! I can't wait until some of my slings molt and I get exos that small.
Maybe you can try feeding pinhead crickets or fruit flies to the rosea? I didn't think roseas fasted when they were that young but maybe I'm wrong.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'll try pin head crickets. I'll be at the lps on friday and can get some then. So far she's only eaten 1 prekilled pinhead lateralis the day, or maybe it was the day after, we got her. She doesn't look to be in premolt but she's so tiny i'm not sure lol. I'll see if i can get a pic of her after dinner.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ha! The boehmei is finally molting. I went to moisten the vagans enclosure and noticed he was upside down in his burrow. So I misted a side of his enclosure to give him a bit more humidity for the molt. Hard to see the legs in the pic but his butt sure is dark lol
20151228_204838.jpg

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Went to check on the boehmei and found the vagans up on the wall so I was able to get an accurate post molt measurement.
20151228_224420.jpg

Dls when I put the ruler up was 13/16 almost fully extended. When I brought the phone up for the pic he moved down a bit so Dls in this pic is 11/16. I'll split the difference and call him 3/4" now.

Also his molt was about 3/8 instead of 1/4 as advertised when I bought him. But that's no big n is hard to accurately measure these little guys.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The boehemei finally came out of his hide. I came home from work and the half plastic tube i used to make his hide "roof" was flipped over and the boehmei was half way up the wall. So I gently guided him into the catch cup to fix his hide. That's when i noticed the pinhead lateralis sitting down in his hide. So apparently the boehmei was in the hide when the lateralis i missed removing wandered in, and in his mad panic to get away from that fearsome roach he ruined his hide.

So now instead of a thin peice of plastic he can easily flip over i've replaced it with a chunk of cork bark. and removed that roach monster he's so afraid of.

I was also lucky enough to get a pic of him before he bolted into his new roach free hide. He noticed the roach below him just after i snapped this pic. His colors are starting to show!! :D
20151231_171736[1].jpg

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Larry, our 1/2" B. albo is a digging machine. He's cleared out dang near the whole bottom of his enclosure.
20160105_220548.jpg

His main burrow tunnel is in the center and he made the one in the right corner in the last day or 2. His escape when the whole thing collapses lol.

If that much sub falls on him will that squash him? There's 2.5" or so of packed substrate hanging over his head

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My 2 new arrivals are here!!! A. versicolor and L. parahybana. Avic is 1/2" LP is super tiny! Anastasia measures different than KTBG lol.

Here's the Avic's new home. Thanks to the ideas to put the plants in the top. I just checked him after he's had a few hours to settle and he's climbing around. My son is still thinking of a name for him. He finally picked one for the rosea, he's calling him Buddha now.

Avic in the shipping containter
20160107_172428[1].jpg

And in the large tupperware we use to unpack them in. He's a greenish blue color right now.
20160107_172615[1].jpg

Here's the new home for the Avic.
20160107_174122[1].jpg

And the Avic in his new home :)
20160107_174315[1].jpg

My new LP 1/4" super tiny itty bitty sling Chum! :D
20160107_174927[1].jpg

Probably the only time i'll ever handle him was tonight putting him in the enclosure. And this is why i wish i had the amac boxes here already, i goofed and ordered a 4" square enclosure for a 1/4" sling. Woops!! Amac boxes should be here tomorrow or next week, so i'll have to rehouse him then into one of the 2" square ones.
20160107_175606[1].jpg

Looking at that he's almost as big as my thumbnail across, so that would make him almost 3/8" i think as my nail is 5/8 from corner to corner.

Think it's time to prekill a roach and see if this little guy will eat and try a pinhead for the avic :)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hes about the same size as mine, :) the LP i mean ^^ Long as you can find him in there and he eats well (assuming your going to prekill) I wouldn't rehouse him less he doesn't settle....gives you a good reason for the next slings lol Cant have empty enclosures :p
I love the little avic, mine was bigger when I got her, So i missed the sling stage, finding now that I enjoy seeing them grow up.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hes about the same size as mine, :) the LP i mean ^^ Long as you can find him in there and he eats well (assuming your going to prekill) I wouldn't rehouse him less he doesn't settle....gives you a good reason for the next slings lol Cant have empty enclosures :p
I love the little avic, mine was bigger when I got her, So i missed the sling stage, finding now that I enjoy seeing them grow up.
we switched him last night to a smaller home. My son had the idea :) Larry, the 3/4-1" B. ablo was in a 2.5" square and seemed a bit cramped so he's now in the 4" square enclosure the LP came with and the LP is in the 2.5" square. Still waiting on the container store order for the spare amac boxes. Might have to call them and kick someone's butt verbally in the right direction, they've done nothing yet but charge me for them lol.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@kormath, their shipping is a bit high for my liking is my only issue with them. Now your saying they are slow, heard that on one of the other forums as well. (cant remember where tho)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah not happy at all with their service. Really tempted to call and cancel the order but the closest store here is 4 hours away.

Maybe I can have my friend there go pick up what I want and mail them lol.

Latest posts