• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It’s a male :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyjacks

Thank you everyone for posting and asking questions. I apologize if I don’t reply right away. But please don’t be rude over it, that’s ridiculous. I will post and answer when I have time. I’m officially an adult now and have a lot going on, I rarely get free time(Adulting is so hard, props to all adults). & I’m exhausted more than half the time so I’d rather sleep than go on my phone. Also keep in mind my T is literally 1 inch and it’s pretty hard to take pics of those tiny hooks I’m talking about but when I do I’ll post it :)

babyjacks

Sounds to me like a mature Male, they ‘hook’ out on their two front legs. It seems that’s what you’re seeing, Tarantulas can’t change sex but there are tell tale signs when a Male specifically matures out.
Thank you!:) is it true that mature males die faster? :(

T-Baby

3 Year Member
Thank you!:) is it true that mature males die faster? :(
Once a male matures his existence is mainly based on finding a female, they tend to go off food in search of females. No/little food and constantly moving in search means a short lift span after maturing.
When/if they find a female it’s not uncommon they are eaten by the female. Obviously if you don’t breed then that’s not an issue.
If you post a picture of what you’re seeing it’ll be easier for everyone to identify for you

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@babyjacks like this....
20190324_180846.jpg

babyjacks

This is the best pic I’ve taken so far lol, you can barelyyy see what I’m talking about. It’s a dwarf, just 1 inch, so cute

Attachments

• C490C199-AEF2-48A9-A0D6-C7389B49C3CB.jpeg
    C490C199-AEF2-48A9-A0D6-C7389B49C3CB.jpeg
    991.3 KB · Views: 54

babyjacks

I'm going to reiterate this statement, yet I'll take it one step further:

Instead of looking for "A" female you should look for 2, 3, 4, 5, you know what just go crazy with additions, a C. sellatus female is bound to show up eventually.
I wouldn’t know where to start :( I live in Utah and I barely even found a Cyriocosmus

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wouldn’t know where to start :( I live in Utah and I barely even found a Cyriocosmus
The tarantula gods work in wonderous ways. There is always online ordering from vendors like palp friction or forum member @Austin S.

I listed those two for good reason, as they would be more likely to have something along the lines of C. sellatus than other vendors (and you can get even more adds in the process.

Predaking5

Cyriocosmus sellatus female subadult.jpeg
I have 2 females. 1 of them is definitely mature, the other is a subadult and is smaller than the other one. They are both Cyriocosmus sellatus. I live in California. I myself have not been in this hobby for very long, but I'm willing to help your male Cyriocosmus sellatus out. I don't know how this loaning thing works, but if you're interested, let me know. Maybe we can arrange for something, idk.

I also live somewhat locally to someone here who has stated that he is willing to guide me through the process of breeding T's.

Or, if loaning out your male is not something that is feasible, I can offer to buy your male off of you. I am flexible either way.

The photo I attached is the subadult female. I couldn't find a good photo that shows the carapace for the other female and it is currently hiding in its burrow. I can post a pic of the other female when it comes out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts