• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Club Avicularia/Avics

Spidro

3 Year Member
Thought id post this in here cause I figure id get a wuick response. Was gone for maybe 3 hours and came home, found this in my avic avics tank. No idea if its just poo or what is it, appears to be sticking there in a clear goo like film? Avic has moved across the tank since I left her so im thinking she pur it there. Any ideas?

uploadfromtaptalk1397617206634.jpg

Spidro

3 Year Member
Figured. God damn thats almost half the size of her abdomin XD Thanks for the clarification just never seen t poo like that b4 lol. Ok enough toilet talk in this awesome thread, my appologies hahaha!

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Yup. That's poop :)
Figured. God damn thats almost half the size of her abdomin XD Thanks for the clarification just never seen t poo like that b4 lol. Ok enough toilet talk in this awesome thread, my appologies hahaha!

Hahahahaha. That made me laugh.

Since I just got 2 new additions, I need to give it more time before I get another T, but I am very interested in my next T being an Avic. I do like and have had experience with Metallic Pink Toes, but I'm not 100% set on a particular species yet...it would be my first Avic...Im wondering if going BIG for a first one is a bad idea or not. As I'm super interested in Salmon Bird Eaters...Hmmmmm...I do love Pink Toes too though...theres alot to consider...

Leylaf

3 Year Member
Hi All,

Martin suggested that I post in here. This is Samara (aka Princess Fancy Pants). I bought her labeled as A. Avicularia, but knew that she was def. mislabeled due to her coloring.....with a little help from a few experts, it seems that my very first T is an A. Urticans :)

10294268_10152209130110819_4431673841402269247_n.jpg

Last edited:

southeastgunguy

3 Year Member
I just got my avicularia avicularia which was just labeled pink toe tarantula, this Saturday. I was out of town when I got him. I had a good 2 hr drive to get home and he just doesn't seem to want to eat. I have him in a decent enclosure, should I be worried?
uploadfromtaptalk1400551407689.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1400551426885.jpg

southeastgunguy

3 Year Member
Hello
Usually an Avicularia Avicularia reaches full grown size at 5 inches sometimes 5.5,so I'd say for a male that's about it.
Well that's what I suspected but didn't want to hear. I bought him 6 days ago from pet land. He is really docile with a sweet personality and I was hoping to have several years with him. I will just enjoy what time I do have with him and make him as happy as possible. Thanks for the info.

jon ross

3 Year Member
Guys. Please help me. I lost another avic last night. Thats my second one! Its my avic avic sling. She was tiny (aprox 1cm). I found her with white fur all over her on the ground. Ive seen her eat loads of times but she never really webbed and was all ways somewere different and never molted in three months. Since losing the a.purple pink toe sling for being too dry too long ive been making double sure they are damp all the time. Is this were ive gone wrong? Too damp this time? My versicolor sling seems to live it though she made a fantastic maze of web and eats well and has molted once in the 2 months ive had her

Or was it a molt gone wrong as she was on the ground?

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Guys. Please help me. I lost another avic last night. Thats my second one! Its my avic avic sling. She was tiny (aprox 1cm). I found her with white fur all over her on the ground. Ive seen her eat loads of times but she never really webbed and was all ways somewere different and never molted in three months. Since losing the a.purple pink toe sling for being too dry too long ive been making double sure they are damp all the time. Is this were ive gone wrong? Too damp this time? My versicolor sling seems to live it though she made a fantastic maze of web and eats well and has molted once in the 2 months ive had her

Or was it a molt gone wrong as she was on the ground?

Usually the fuzziness is mold after death,being too wet can cause death or too dry. I'd say utilize enough ventilation,only mist the ground when its almost dry the smaller the enclosure the easier. I've had great success with my new enclosures, hope you try similar and see what happens for you.