• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WORRIED!!!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If you ever get a chance, look up time lapsed molts on YouTube. I've watched it several times on video, and monitored my own several times, and it never gets old. It's like watching them be born again. It's epic and beautiful. I recommend Greg Rice's channel on YouTube, he's even caught a few molting upright. Excellent videos.

angelle

3 Year Member
I wanted to watch her. And tried staying awake. But the sandman prevailed and I crashed. She'd been flipped on her back all day and waited until the five hour time span that I actually fell asleep to have her “coming out party” lol. I have however watched a bunch of the time lapse videos on YouTube! It truly is fascinating!!! I can't believe that I use to be scared of tarantulas. Now I'm completely infatuated with her. I'd have so many more if I had the room!!!

What the consensus on handling? How often do you all handle your T’s?

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wanted to watch her. And tried staying awake. But the sandman prevailed and I crashed. She'd been flipped on her back all day and waited until the five hour time span that I actually fell asleep to have her “coming out party” lol. I have however watched a bunch of the time lapse videos on YouTube! It truly is fascinating!!! I can't believe that I use to be scared of tarantulas. Now I'm completely infatuated with her. I'd have so many more if I had the room!!!

What the consensus on handling? How often do you all handle your T’s?
I try not to handle mine at all, not like they actually get anything out of it,
Unfortunately, my G.porteri is out the moment I open the enclosure,
I keep my room warm for them but I think I'm warmer so I'm her resident warm rock to bask on.

angelle

3 Year Member
I'm guilty of having my girl (Tavia) out about once a week. I like the idea of her being use to being handled. She seems to enjoy sitting on my knee or the back of my hand. She'll lie flat on her belly and stretch out her legs. She's such a docile girl. I've never seen her flick hairs once.

How long do you all wait to feed after a moult? She hasn't ate right for about before her moult so she's a little thinner than I'd like. But I don't want to feed her before it's safe. I've heard a week is best but I thought I'd ask.

angelle

3 Year Member
Awesome!!! I'll keep an eye on them. I'm willing to bet there'll be no messing around at her next feeding. She sometimes toys with them and stalks them. But I'm thinking this time she's not going to be doing that.

Latest posts