• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T Room

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
They are converted screw on leds for fish tanks. Remove the screw bit, epoxy resin to the back of the tank, isolate the day and night wires, put on timers, job done. And then repeat, and repeat, and repeat.....lol The lights were only about £4/5 each from China on ebay.
Ive decided that your lighting looks far better than mine so ive got some new lights on the way. They are colour change strip led lights with a usb connector (they are ment for the back of your tv, desktop pc etc hence the usb plug). Ive got 3 strips each the length of the wall in my t room, im going to use a usb splitter to plug in all 3 to the plug, and they can all be controlled by the same remote. I will post pics when they come lol.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ive decided that your lighting looks far better than mine so ive got some new lights on the way. They are colour change strip led lights with a usb connector (they are ment for the back of your tv, desktop pc etc hence the usb plug). Ive got 3 strips each the length of the wall in my t room, im going to use a usb splitter to plug in all 3 to the plug, and they can all be controlled by the same remote. I will post pics when they come lol.
Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see pics. I love the blue (moonlight) mode and will often just watch them while I am supposed to be sleeping....lol. maybe I should have been watching more closely when the genic escaped and was found under my bed the following morning.....lmao. scary at the time tho!

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sounds similar to leds I have put on my fish tank in the wall. Think I have a vid of it somewhere will try and upload it.
EDIT....won't let me load onto the forum.

Last edited:

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see pics. I love the blue (moonlight) mode and will often just watch them while I am supposed to be sleeping....lol. maybe I should have been watching more closely when the genic escaped and was found under my bed the following morning.....lmao. scary at the time tho!
Ye i love watching them under the blue light, although at the minute im restricted to 4, will be cool to see them all under the blue instead of bolting when i shine a torch on them haha. Ive done that too, still awake and instead of tryimg to get some sleep, ill go downstairs and check them [emoji1]

Latest posts