• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T Room

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Well ive spent today relocating my Ts and im pretty chuffed now they have their own space. They were in the dining room dotted about but ive put up a shelf in the extension and moved the tank stand too so now they are all in one place [emoji2]
A quick summary of them below if anyones interested.
Stand left to right...
1. Adult female p.regalis
2. Juvenile male b.smithi
3. Juvenile female b.smithi
4. Juvenile unsexed t.stirmi

Upper shelf left to right...
1. Juvenile female gbb
2. Juvenile unsexed g.pulchra
3. Sling p.metallica
4. Sling p.metallica
5. Sling p.smithi
6. Sling p.cambridgei

Red top tub is crickets, think im going to ditch them and breed some dubia roaches for food instead, im sick of crickets lol.

4ffcd9b375af964be223d22698d0d992.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

VanessaS

3 Year Member
Very nice! And it looks as though the room gets some nice natural light without them being directly in it. That must make it nice to work in for you as well.

Meludox

3 Year Member
Awesome! I recently got my T's set up in the spare room in the house, and I'm sure they like it much better than my bedroom. With all of the activity, irregular light cycle, music, etc. I also have one of those Beware of the Tarantula signs. :T:

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Ye the window next to them is quite big but theres also sliding glass patio doors so lots of natural light. Good light cycle for them all. It feels nice being in there with them. Ive just done some tank maintenance and it was so much easier. I was going to put it on the door but decided it would look better on the wall.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well ive spent today relocating my Ts and im pretty chuffed now they have their own space. They were in the dining room dotted about but ive put up a shelf in the extension and moved the tank stand too so now they are all in one place [emoji2]
Stand left to right...

1. Juvenile female gbb
3. Sling p.metallica
4. Sling p.metallica
5. Sling p.smithi
6. Sling p.cambridgei

Red top tub is crickets, think im going to ditch them and breed some dubia roaches for food instead, im sick of crickets lol.

Looks awesome. Nice set ups.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Stand left to right...

1. Juvenile female gbb
3. Sling p.metallica
4. Sling p.metallica
5. Sling p.smithi
6. Sling p.cambridgei

Next phase......custom lighting....lol
20151230_174622.jpg
20160207_210024.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very nice, ive only got led lights above my b.smithis and t.stirmi tanks. Individual tank lighting like yours looks better [emoji5]
They are converted screw on leds for fish tanks. Remove the screw bit, epoxy resin to the back of the tank, isolate the day and night wires, put on timers, job done. And then repeat, and repeat, and repeat.....lol The lights were only about £4/5 each from China on ebay.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks great phil, which Ts are in which tanks lol, im nosey.
There has been many changes since that pic taken but from L to R currently it is

Top row
1. Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens - Green Bottle Blue
2. Aacanthoscurria geniculata - Giant white knee tarantula
3. Brachypelma smithi - Mexican Red Knee

Middle row
1. Brachypelma boheimi - Mexican Fire leg
2. Monocentropus balfouri - Socotra Island Blue Baboon
3. Grammostola pulchra - Brazilian Black Velvet, Grammostola concepicon - Chile flame zebra, Brachypelma albopilosum - Curly Hair (native/true) x4, Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus - Indian Rainbow/LSD Tarantula x 3....all slings
4. Harpactira. pulchripes - Golden Blue leg baboon, Pterinopelma sazimai - Brazilian Blue Tarantula and Avicularia versicolor - Antilles Pink Toe/ Martinique pinktoe....all either slings or juveniles

Bottom row
1. Poecilotheria metallica - Gooty Sapphire Ornamental Tree Spider X 2..... slings/juveniles
2. Storage box with wiring....lol
3. As per item 2 above
4. Poecilotheria metallica - Gooty Sapphire Ornamental Tree Spider , Avicularia diversipes - Amazon Sapphire pink toe, and Avicularia. Purpurea - Purple Pink toe.

That's it I think (should be 23) ☺
Wish I just said read the link called "Phil's Ts" at the end of my signature now........lmao

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Haha that would have been easier i suppose. LSDs, ive seen them on the spider shop site, they look amazing but at £185 each i think ill wait abit longer for one of those lol.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Haha that would have been easier i suppose. LSDs, ive seen them on the spider shop site, they look amazing but at £185 each i think ill wait abit longer for one of those lol.
They are amazing. They were a treat to myself a few months ago bought 3 at £130. Min are a bit smaller than the ones they are now selling I think. Could well be same batch that they have power fed but I don't subscribe to power feeding tbh. If you want one let me know......reasonable prices available lmao.
Rehoused them last weekend actually. I have pictures of them on my gallery for what they look like at the moment. See Phil's Gallery link. They are in the album "Phil's Ts in 2016".

Latest posts