• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Genic enclosure

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So I went back to get another of the Crystal-zoo boxes and they're not sold on amazon anymore. I did find a similar box in liking better. It's held together with screws and acrylic tabs. It's more solid than the crystal-zoo and I think a bit easier to assemble.

There's a few things I said in my review I didn't like as I was removing the protective cover and putting it together, but I've changed my mind they're not a big deal.

Here's the link
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016XICX3O/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_E9.UwbDDPGJGY

Couple pictures with it as the new GBB home. She's already starting to decorate with webs.
20160210_201421.jpg
20160210_201436.jpg

N8tive556

3 Year Member
So I went back to get another of the Crystal-zoo boxes and they're not sold on amazon anymore. I did find a similar box in liking better. It's held together with screws and acrylic tabs. It's more solid than the crystal-zoo and I think a bit easier to assemble.

There's a few things I said in my review I didn't like as I was removing the protective cover and putting it together, but I've changed my mind they're not a big deal.

Here's the link
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016XICX3O/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_E9.UwbDDPGJGY

Couple pictures with it as the new GBB home. She's already starting to decorate with webs.
View attachment 14153 View attachment 14154
That's an awesome little box! I'm wondering if my little P. regalis would do well in there after this next molt!

Will

3 Year Member
I've got one of these for my P metallica to move into after its next moult. I thought the same when I was putting it together, that it was not very strong and wouldn't hold together. But its actually very good, especially when you factor in the cheap price. Once it's assembled its quite strong. I got mine off Ebay, from China.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
my GBB liked it well enough to molt in it the morning after lol. she's maker her molt mat in that pic.

Latest posts