• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moderators

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
He had a go at me way back when I said I'd got an OBT for my first and a Pokie for my second Ts so good on you for having a go at him. You're better off here where we all remember what it's like to be a newbie.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You know, imo, poec54 is an ok guy. I've never had a go with him, lol. I do feel that it is "friendly" to offer advice when you're a newbie to protect both the person and the pet from someone making poor decisions, HOWEVER, I disagree with how some people treat others JUST BECAUSE that person chose to purchase a tarantula that would've been better off with a more experienced hobbyist. It's kinda like shunning someone for buying a rattlesnake when they aren't experienced with snakes, period. We live and we learn based on the decisions we make. I know a lot of people that own aggressive pitbulls (when they should own a lab or a poodle, lol) but it's not for me to judge them because they want to own one. Who knows? Perhaps all of this should/shouldn't buy because you're new/inexperienced will all go away. We (as hobbyists) shouldn't be classified by "new" or "old" hobbyist but by the way we "care for and love" our pets (regardless how mean they are). ;)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
He's a mutant Casey! He talks on a forum where he belittles noobs and sucks the rear of his clique.... That's just my opinion on the freak... Who knows, he may be an "ok" guy but I'd have serious questions if I met him face to face... If I had say... Fifty years experience with Ts and a teenager asked "Do rose hairs need water" I'd tell them even if I had answered a hundred times before, it's a clear insight to character when he treats someone inferior and their first experience with a community is an insult on their forum navigation skills...
I agree with your feelings on how newbies are treated. I've seen it several times, myself. Most people that come to AB for answers to their questions end up never coming back because of such. I truly hope everyone eventually understands that as this hobby grows, we grow ourselves. We learn from each other. Even someone "new" to the hobby will have something to teach the old timers. :) Some people are arrogant and can't look past their selfish ways. Knowledge should be shared and passed on to others. This benefits our beloved pets. I sit back and learn from the so called "ego boosters" in this hobby. Several have tried to intimidate me, ridiculed me, lied about me, etc. etc. etc. Well guess what?! I'm still kickin', lol. To be a strong hobbyist, you have to be able to look past the ignorance of others regardless their time in the hobby. There are those that love what they do and do what they love. Then there are those that do it for money and haven't a care in the world. Me, I'm a mixture of love/money but not to boost my ego. I have a family to take care of and it's a job for me but I still make it my hobby and enjoy what I do. I try to extend my knowledge to others and help when I can. :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I just want to share my experiences with whomever shares this passion of ours! To hell with people trying to bash new comers... Do you sell Ts Casey? I'm in Scotland so it's obviously a no go but Im curious lol
Absolutely! Check my reviews out here on the forum. ;)

Redacted

3 Year Member
Can I say something? It's really a shame. During my brief 5-6 mo. activity on AB, I found some very useful information. The bad vibe came from a cliquishness and adamantly presented unwanted advice that came off as sophomoric and mean.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It IS a shame as there is great people there but the mods waste it with side taking and over zealous "moderating".... @Tomoran I had a brief discussion with him about it on YT and then another guy "Moss" came into the comments and said he just got banned too! It'd be funny but it's not.... It paints an awful picture about this hobby... I'm happy here with my fellow nutters! :D
Damn! Is that you? I mean your profile pic?

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
I like the other invertebrate subforums on AB, they are generally full of nice people, but I almost never wander into the tarantula part of that site, and pretty much never post there, way too much negativity and drama, seems like every post turns into a fight lol.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah that is the thing, AB is great site because of its massive community but big booty BUT it's wasted for me now because of the clear mismanagement of the site... This site is a "how to" on how to run a freindly and info packed forum..... Just sayin hehe

Oh we have real friendly mods here. They are also "fair" and unbiased. :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The mods here are great but I have my favourite, who I've bought a T from and she's kindly gonna keep it till I get back lol... Off on holiday today for a week of Beagles and fishing, peace and quiet, hot tub and log fire... My H.Pulchripes just swiped a cricket from my tongs lol it's barely 2cm lmao, all my lovelies are fed so a good "make it rain" will do them for a week... Heat cables and space heater on timer! 71.9f right now and 75f during the day.... Hope I can have a nosey here but the interwebz is crap in the Scottish Highlands.... So if anybody's missing me, tough! Haha
Sounds like a nice getaway......

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's superb! I go every October, I've had a drink tonight lol and I'm still feeling panicy? Is that a word? They're (my team of Ts) yes we're a team are gonna be left all alone for a week... sure they'll be fine, they're Scottish now ffs! :D
What do you think of Ireland? Have you ever been? I've seen places I'd love to go that are located in Scotland and Ireland. I've got "some" Irish in me, lol....well, of Irish descent, anyway.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ok ok.....since I've gotten WAY off topic in this thread..... @mods- would any of you love a vacation to Scotland or Ireland? Lol.....

Latest posts