• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It has been decided. Thou shalt adhere

spodermin

Attachments

• IMG_20190403_030602.jpg
    IMG_20190403_030602.jpg
    1,002 KB · Views: 8

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What is your fastest most skittish species?
I've owned pretty much all the fast tarantulas over the years at one point in time. Theres alot that are really fast. It's really hard to pick one. I'd say the Pseudoclamoris Gigas "the orange tree spider" is by far the fastest in the world... My opinion. Sorry but this is a bad picture...this is a mature Male. They have dimorphism between the genders. I dont have a female right now to show how beautiful they are.
20190331_212442.jpg

Rahhh1983

3 Year Member
I've owned pretty much all the fast tarantulas over the years at one point in time. Theres alot that are really fast. It's really hard to pick one. I'd say the Pseudoclamoris Gigas "the orange tree spider" is by far the fastest in the world... My opinion. Sorry but this is a bad picture...this is a mature Male. They have dimorphism between the genders. I dont have a female right now to show how beautiful they are.View attachment 37185
I have two slings now. I had an opportunity at purchasing some juveniles/adults of this species and the purple tree spider. I'll tell you what, my h. Maculata is an absolute terror. It jumps and runs like lightning.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have another H. Maculata in the same container your Gigas is in. I'm not looking forward to his rehouse lol.
Rehousing a Pseudoclamoris gigas was fun too. Not only are they super fast they jump higher then any other spider that I've noticed yet. I'm talking 4'-5' straight up out of the enclosure onto the ceiling. A true jumping tree spider for sure.

Rahhh1983

3 Year Member
Rehousing a Pseudoclamoris gigas was fun too. Not only are they super fast they jump higher then any other spider that I've noticed yet. I'm talking 4'-5' straight up out of the enclosure onto the ceiling. A true jumping tree spider for sure.
Sounds like a blast! Adrenaline was pumping I'd imagine?

spodermin

Jesus... You're making me want a P. Gigas :rolleyes:

The fastest I've seen a spider move was my adult P. Ornata. It truly would teleport, but it never bolted on me. It was always just very skittish and when prompted would teleport like 2' at a time.

On the subject of fast spiders, you wouldn't believe how fast a 7.5" T. Stirmi can move. I swear there aren't any videos that do it justice. They can seriously move man. In a teleport like fashion also. And are very skittish in nature

GermanGamer7

The fastest I've seen a spider move was my adult P. Ornata. It truly would teleport, but it never bolted on me. It was always just very skittish and when prompted would teleport like 2' at a time.

On the subject of fast spiders, you wouldn't believe how fast a 7.5" T. Stirmi can move. I swear there aren't any videos that do it justice. They can seriously move man. In a teleport like fashion also. And are very skittish in nature
P. Ornata: *teleports behind you*
Nothin personal kid

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Latest posts