• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It has been decided. Thou shalt adhere

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
So that we all may learn, what mistake of yours led to this 15 minute game of chase the spider around the kitchen? Were you working in a tall sided tub? Re-homing? Just opening the enclosure for feeding and maintenance?

spodermin

Attachments

• IMG_20190508_194713.jpg
    IMG_20190508_194713.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 33

spodermin

So that we all may learn, what mistake of yours led to this 15 minute game of chase the spider around the kitchen? Were you working in a tall sided tub? Re-homing? Just opening the enclosure for feeding and maintenance?

When I read this comment I got fixated on the "what mistake of yours" rather than the "so we all may learn" so I didn't reply, but to answer your question: I don't go overboard with precautions in most cases because I am familiar with the movements of spiders and their temprements, behaviours, etc. but I was just rehousing it. I am also hyperbolizing in the original post, it did try to bolt once but that's why we have catch cups. It was more or less just hard having it stay in the enclosure long enough to put the lid on. Here's what I mean lmao

Most spiders won't just randomly bolt out of their enclosures in my experience. I take the lid completely off to feed any one of my spiders and have never had one bolt. They feel safe in that space, they usually only go into bolty panic mode when you are rehousing them or prodding at them/disturbing them excessively.

Attachments

• received_1264632700361617.jpeg
    received_1264632700361617.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts