• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey i'm new to this hobby about 1 hour ago.

spidylover

3 Year Member
I just bought fire leg tarantula/Mexican fireleg a juv maybe (1,1/2 inch).I live in Malaysia (a rainforest country/high humid country)In the middle of equator.The normal temp here is 29c*(night)-34c*(evening) and humid is 75% - 80%.Right now my plastic round hygrometer is showing 84% im not sure if its correct.My MF is sitting on the ground with his abdo touching the ground.Currently its 9:26 pm and the temp is 30c* the lowest it drop is 27c* and the highest it rise in the evening is 36c*.It cost RM 105/$32 for me.Currently i put a fan to lower the humidity .

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just bought fire leg tarantula/Mexican fireleg a juv maybe (1,1/2 inch).I live in Malaysia (a rainforest country/high humid country)In the middle of equator.The normal temp here is 29c*(night)-34c*(evening) and humid is 75% - 80%.Right now my plastic round hygrometer is showing 84% im not sure if its correct.My MF is sitting on the ground with his abdo touching the ground.Currently its 9:26 pm and the temp is 30c* the lowest it drop is 27c* and the highest it rise in the evening is 36c*.It cost RM 105/$32 for me.Currently i put a fan to lower the humidity .
Hello
Safe way to lower humidity and still have water in the enclosure,is to add lots of air vents and do not mist. It's a desert specimen so should be fine,hope this helps.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My Brachypelma Boehmei,just took the photo.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413640758882.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413640758882.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well this my first T and i never touch him yet.Any tips?and i wish this site have chat room.
You could try and pick it up,but I do not say it's a good thing at all. When I pick a T up,I know it's my fault if it bites me and must take the hit accordingly. So get bitten,don't drop the T or hurt it. With Brachypelma or any similar attitude driven T,I gently give it a nudge on the back part of the abdomen so it slowly moves forward and climbs up general tip never rush it. If you want to make 100 % sure of the T's attitude,just use a soft paint brush to test temperament.

spidylover

3 Year Member
Well -2 is kinda correct because this is an expensive spider for me.I need to take care of him really X1000 well so i move him everywhere.WTF am i dreaming?my hygrometer is showing me 95% humid???

Latest posts