• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey i'm new to this hobby about 1 hour ago.

spidylover

3 Year Member
how long does it take to dry all of the substrate?I'm going to leave him inside for a day.Hopefully it gets better.My substrate is plantation soil,is it ok with t?

Last edited:

hellknite

3 Year Member
Hi spidylover. I had a total of 5 boehmeis since I started this hobby. I've successfully raised 2 of them until maturity. The other 3 are still slings. I do live in the same region as you do. I do sometimes experience that same temperature and humidity in some of the months. I've experimented using mid wet to bone dry substrate. From 22 C to 32 C temp, 40% to 85% humidity. They've been great even on varying environments. I still consider that It's better to keep them on the same environment as their natural habitat as many others would agree as to keep them more stress free. But I'm just sharing my experience on boehmeis under uncontrolled environments. They have adapted unbelievably ang lived long as their life expectancy. Again this is my opinion and experience, I do not speak for the entire forum and for the highly experienced T keepers for they surely have also succeeded on their keeping their own boehmeis. Enjoy your T. Again, welcome to the addiction.

Latest posts