• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fuzzball's picture thread

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks @Chubbs . I've read somewhere on the web that when the legs go dark they're most likely just before a molt, but you know yourself what it's like with online information, lol. Fingers crossed though.
Your Amazonica is beautiful (great photo, too). I can't wait to see mine grow up. I also love your Diversipes. Its colours are amazing. There weren't any for sale when I was looking, but maybe one day I'll add one of them (and a Purpurea).

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks @Chubbs . I've read somewhere on the web that when the legs go dark they're most likely just before a molt, but you know yourself what it's like with online information, lol. Fingers crossed though.
Your Amazonica is beautiful (great photo, too). I can't wait to see mine grow up. I also love your Diversipes. Its colours are amazing. There weren't any for sale when I was looking, but maybe one day I'll add one of them (and a Purpurea).
Diversipes are cool. It's unfortunate that they lose a lot of their colors as they get bigger. They're probably the fastest Avics I've ever dealt with. They can also be pretty defensive, which gives them more personality IMO. I love an Avic with a bit of attitude.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Who dares to disturb me without bringing a sacrifice
zZU9yNc.jpg

wJ7L3Kf.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Right! I'm pretty sure this little guy is extracting the proverbial: Only this morning I cleaned out his water dish and out nice fresh water in. Of course I had to play the obligatory wrestle the tongs and jump on the water bowl with him, lol. Tonight, I find his bowl with a big chunk of substrate in it, soaking up all the water:
ZmLGRzG.jpg

This is the culprit
pZ1gy19.jpg

My GBB is on its back at the moment, so fingers crossed
08I6wHR.jpg

And the Pipsqueak is doing premolt stretches. I hope he can hold out until tomorrow night, I should be getting his new tub in the morning
9zcPvSR.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Finally got the Pipsqueaks new tub. It's a bit on the big side, but he should be fine (he's a good hunter, lol). I'm glad I rehoused home though, because when I emptied his old tub I only realised that it was soaked all the way through (I don't know how, because he's only got a water dish which I fill, I don't spray). Anyway he'll have plenty hiding places and digging space now. It was nice how he was always visible in his old tub, but obviously it's all about his needs, so if he hides more now then so be it.
Easiest rehouse so far, btw. Used a little spiderling tub to transfer him and he went in and out without issues. He drummed a little but didn't flick or run.
Little fatty. No food until his next molt... poor soul, lol!
CMjdTGg.jpg

HxFGs1V.jpg

My GBB looking more beautiful with each molt. It's very leggy now
jaTIzbT.jpg

Another Pipsqueak photo
smDZsRf.jpg

Avics have the cutest sleeping positions
XurWbQj.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Fuzzball79 Just a word of warning - I had my LPs in similar tubs and they both ate though the air vents when they got a bit bigger. Luckily neither got out but keep an eye on them. One of mine also soaked his substrate, I think he regularly tipped the water out of his bowl

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Fuzzball79 Just a word of warning - I had my LPs in similar tubs and they both ate though the air vents when they got a bit bigger. Luckily neither got out but keep an eye on them. One of mine also soaked his substrate, I think he regularly tipped the water out of his bowl
They ATE through the air vents??? Mind you, I've seen my B. Boehmei sticking his fangs through his vents (metal) and trying to pull. They're neighbours so I hope the LP doesn't learn from him, lol.
I'll make sure I'll keep an eye on the Pipsie then.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Amazonica's first meal with me. It's always a great relief when they take their first food.
GYvhnUa.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The wee guy/girl looking all satisfied after its meal
vAB6Zb1.jpg

No spiders, but my 2 gorgeous dogs, Trigger (GSD) and Storm (Husky X)
5vU719H.jpg

Qgu5JKo.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The hidden one: G. Actaeon felt its meal going by so I took the opportunity for a rare photo
K04vQAn.jpg

Almost looks like a GBB on it lol (about 1 1/2 week post molt)

"Amazonican" Stand-off between A. sp "Amazonica" and cricket. The Avic gave up after a while. It'll get it eventually, it always does
gn5eyqd.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A. Versicolor saying "peek-a-boo"
yr1ul7X.jpg

GBB juvenile
S51qJT7.jpg

LP sling
e9HhhpJ.jpg

UdtiL0O.jpg

G. Actaeon coming out more and more. Such a beautiful sling/juvenile, too
eYNew09.jpg

FBbVsZQ.jpg

timc

3 Year Member
I think you stole my LP! Oh...nope I just checked he's still there. Yours looks exactly like mine aren't they so cute? I'm also wondering how big is your GBB? Yours looks larger than mine, has it started showing blue on the legs? Honestly I love the younger colors so much I'm not even sure I want her to grow up!

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think you stole my LP! Oh...nope I just checked he's still there. Yours looks exactly like mine aren't they so cute? I'm also wondering how big is your GBB? Yours looks larger than mine, has it started showing blue on the legs? Honestly I love the younger colors so much I'm not even sure I want her to grow up!
Yes, the LP is a little cutie. He's a bit hyper though jumping around as soon as you open the tub.
My GBB is about 1 1/2 " leg span or a little bigger. It has some very dark blue on its legs. I agree, the young colours are gorgeous with the stripy pattern on their abdomen.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
B. Boehmei giving a bit of 'tude when filling his water dish
izz9KnO.jpg

Didn't last long. He had to check what was put in
TDBbq8O.jpg

G. Rosea (she's fasting again, seems to be a late autumn/winter thing with her)
SGKUdMB.jpg

Every time I fill her water dish she jumps right on it often getting an involuntary shower
LZ0jC0C.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's the most I see of my T. Gigas at the moment
xET4vDN.jpg

At least my Versi never lets me down when it comes to visibility lol
iGsVvCV.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Fuzzball79 My Gigas is out and about a lot at the moment. Your Versi is gorgeous.
Yeah, just rub it in, will you, lol :p! Mine was out all the time before I "refurnished" her tub. She seems to love that hollow tree: Enough space to move around, cosy and dark and prey usually ends up jumping right into the hole and she doesn't have to work.:rolleyes: