• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First Tarantula species soon

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Andee I still worry about some of mine, if we love our pets we worry about them although some, I know now, will just get on with the job without any problem..

Andee

3 Year Member
Necco molted completely today, took a couple hours from the looks of it. I didn't even see him in the middle of it. I say him now because I am about 80% sure Necco is a boy looking at the molt, will wait for another for sure before I say 100%

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Necco molted completely today, took a couple hours from the looks of it. I didn't even see him in the middle of it. I say him now because I am about 80% sure Necco is a boy looking at the molt, will wait for another for sure before I say 100%

Well done Necco :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Poor Espresso is close to going through finishing the premolt stage and hitting the full on molt. It kind of terrifies me, but there's not much I can do other than what I am I think... Does me opening the enclosure at all to refill the water dish cause issues with prolonging a possible molt?
If the small things we do like filling water and spot cleaning during a molt disturb them enough that it will cause molt complications, T's would have died out thousands of years ago ;) They're tough as hell to have lived since the age of dinosaurs, little things like that won't matter.

Last edited:

Latest posts