1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First Tarantula species soon

Discussion in 'Grammostola' started by Andee, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Andee

Andee Member

I have slowed to topping the water about every three days, when I used to do it about every day. I currently don't need to do it as often because of temperatures. But I have to move the entire deli to top it off. So I am glad it's not nearly as hot and dry so I can hopefully let the little settle. It's just not even my True spiders have gone through molts yet (most of them I get either full grown or older so molts are more slow). It's just nerve wracking, I realize it will probably get easier later on... but ugh. First few times will be horrible I am sure XD
  2. Enn49

Enn49 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

@Andee I still worry about some of mine, if we love our pets we worry about them although some, I know now, will just get on with the job without any problem..
    Andee likes this.
  3. Andee

Andee Member

Necco molted completely today, took a couple hours from the looks of it. I didn't even see him in the middle of it. I say him now because I am about 80% sure Necco is a boy looking at the molt, will wait for another for sure before I say 100%
  4. Enn49

Enn49 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Well done Necco :)
Draft saved Draft deleted