• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enn's bunch

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Having seen the size of my Heteroscodra maculata, Kofi's legs yesterday I decide it was time to rehouse. The move was relatively easy although it did make a bid for freedom, not getting far as the whole procedure was inside an ExoTerra viv. Kofi is around 1" dls and beginning to show adult patterns.

During the rehousing in a cricket tub

Kofi's new home

It seems to have chosen its new hidey hole in a crack in the side of the cork bark

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Omothymus schioedtei (formerly Cyriopagopus schioedtei), Tigger, now more often referred to as the Green Man

Yesterday seemed to be the day for Ts showing off their bellies

Trip, my P. metallica

Kofi, the H. maculata, seems to have settled into its new container

Vita, the Hapalopus sp Colombia klein.

Mali, my Python Regius, enjoying tea last night. Alright I know he's not a T but he's still part of Enn's bunch ;)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My 2 Nhandu chromatus have stayed buried away for almost all of the 11 months that I've had them until a couple of weeks ago Luzia (left) began to show itself and now spends most of the time in view but Zingu (right) has only begun showing itself over the last couple of days and still runs to ground at the slightest disturbance. Luzia spent most of today filling its water bowl with substrate but I wanted to grab a photo of them both before cleaning it out.

The next 2 are in 2" dia vials to give you an idea of their size

Euathlus sp Red, Chila. It's a year since sym first got this tiny mite and it's barely grown in that time although it eats well.

Grammostola rosea, Ember

Last edited:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wow, Chila must be just a fourth of an inch. That is some dwarf T. Here in the tropics, the temps and humidity do affect growth pretty much as their growth rates are faster relatively.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Wow, Chila must be just a fourth of an inch. That is some dwarf T. Here in the tropics, the temps and humidity do affect growth pretty much as their growth rates are faster relatively.

Yes, that's all it is, hard to believe it's a year old. I always knew they were slow growers but at least it's active and eats well. Apparently it last moulted around Christmas so I'm hoping for a moult soon to see how much it grows.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes, that's all it is, hard to believe it's a year old. I always knew they were slow growers but at least it's active and eats well. Apparently it last moulted around Christmas so I'm hoping for a moult soon to see how much it grows.
My god...I'd heard stories about how slow they grow, but that's Aphonopelma slow..

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Poecilotheria metallica - Trip

Stromatopelma calceatum - Peanut. This is a very rare sighting

I rehoused my 2 LPs today as I found some boxes that are clearer than the Really Useful boxes that they were in so I now have chance to see them. I've been dreading the move but they both cooperated and made it a simple job.

One of the new boxes

Lasiodora parahybana - Mole

Lasiodora parahybana - Pip

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Psalmopoeus irminia, Falcon (MM)

Pterinochilus murinus Usambara, Zera. First sighting in over a month

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Lasiodora parahybana - Mole, enjoying a spot of sun.

Omothymus schioedtei (formerly Cyriopagopus schioedtei), Tigger now an MM

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I rehoused a couple more today as they had outgrown their old homes.

First was my Psalmopoeus reduncus, Coffee, who is not a happy girl although a few minutes after I took this pic she was webbing like mad

Coffee's new home

Next was Sable, my Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black, who made the move so easy by sitting still on her cork bark until inside her new home where with a gentle nudge, she walked off.

Sable's new home

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A couple more rehouses tonight, there should have been 3 but Zengi, the Heterothele villosella, decided to moult.

Brachypelma emilia, Chiquito

Grammostola rosea, Ember

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Finally got Zengi, the Heterothele villosella, rehoused

I also rehoused Frio, the Avicularia laerta

Latest posts