• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks Laura! My Brachypelmas are awesome pet rocks. Lucy though is typically a very aggressive eater. I swear she's practically caught the cricket in mid air before. She's always ready to eat.

laura916

3 Year Member
Our Brach is still mad at me i think, lol.. i added more sub to its tank yesterday.. couldnt take it out cuz im still scared so i covered her and worked around her. Moved around her log and water dish and its pouting now, haha

Atx13

3 Year Member
B.vagans 3"ish female
WP_001621.jpg
WP_001625.jpg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My emilias and smithis would too but they can't be bothered, honestly there laziness is a joke. I have to more or less bowl crickets at there fangs or they would starve cos they are far too idle to chase anything.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've not had that problem with Brachypelma. They usually are pretty good eaters for me. My smithi is the least predictable, but I think it is because she ALWAYS has to stalk the cricket. The others practically jump up screaming "MINEMINEMINE!!!!" when I go to drop the crickets in.

TheGreatWhiteKoos

3 Year Member
I finally got my B.Emilia sling yesterday...it's not even 0.5" yet but it eats like a weightlifter...can't wait for it to grow up.

O yes,,,how does the numbering system work again? Is a 0.1.0 B.Boehmei saying one has ONE female B.boehmei?

TJB13

3 Year Member
image.jpg
I just got my first Brachypelma a week ago. Excited to see the pretty red knee molted today when I was at work. I couldn't determine sex from the molt, it was in rough shape. Seems to be quite active so far. Hope it doesn't turn into a pet rock on me.

TheGreatWhiteKoos

3 Year Member
O that is a beautiful T. Bad luck, you'll have to wait till its next molt...which might take some time. My 0.0.1 B.Smithi is still small (2.25") and hardly showing any colours yet. I also have to wait a couple of molts so that I can sex it.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wish you both best of luck with your little b smithis they are so cute i am absolutely nuts over. b smithi.