• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
young female B.Auratum.. she could use a moult.
bauratum1_zpsedd7416c.jpg

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
B.auratum is probably my favorite Brachy...I love their markings. Great pics!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Better picture of dinky b emilia. This one moulted a few days ago. She didnt want the first cricket I gave her but is tucking in now. I have called her "nevermore." from Edgar Allen Poes "the raven"

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are so sweet Ive totally fallen in love with them. The one in Moneys old pot is a total pig, i havent named that one yet.

laura916

3 Year Member
I wanna add our B Amilia to this thread :D
Not very big yet though. I never thought i'd look at a spider and say "thats beautiful" lol but im seeing many many types of tarantulas that are gorgeous since being here.

Attachments

• 417901_537881186263298_198489497_n.jpg
    417901_537881186263298_198489497_n.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 933958_537853989599351_1742360951_n.jpg
    933958_537853989599351_1742360951_n.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 7

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wanna add our B Amilia to this thread :D
Not very big yet though. I never thought i'd look at a spider and say "thats beautiful" lol but im seeing many many types of tarantulas that are gorgeous since being here.
How many have you got at the moment ?

laura916

3 Year Member
Right now just that one. Never in a million years did I think id purposely have a spider in my home let alone a tarantula. Now I'm looking forward to getting a rose hair and a chaco golden knee lol.
I want a A. Versi too but I hear they're fast and can jump. I'm still too scared for one of those.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Can we discuss different species on these threads or is it for photos only. Cos I was wondering if anyone else thinks .b smithi are the laziest things on the face of the earth ? None of mine have made any attempt at a burrow at all and they dont even make proper moult webs (some are literally a few strands really feeble effort they may as well not bother.) I think because they know they are gorgeous they can just be idle. All my others do burrows and web and landscape but the red knees never lift a finger. Does / has anyone owned an active one ?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Can we discuss different species on these threads or is it for photos only. Cos I was wondering if anyone else thinks .b smithi are the laziest things on the face of the earth ? None of mine have made any attempt at a burrow at all and they dont even make proper moult webs (some are literally a few strands really feeble effort they may as well not bother.) I think because they know they are gorgeous they can just be idle. All my others do burrows and web and landscape but the red knees never lift a finger. Does / has anyone owned an active one ?

This thread is good for all things Brachypelma.
And they don't call Red-Knees pet rocks for nothing lol Brachypelma are not what I would call active.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thats good I could talk about brachys all day long. Hamlet and Hercules mooch about a bit but I hardly ever see the others. Are other brachys bone idle as well. All of my Rosies have done fantastic burrows and the Avics have the lovely webs but the b smithis just put a whole new meaning to lazy.