• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. avicularia breeding

Atx13

3 Year Member
Debating on introducing Mr. Pink to my beautiful female this weekend.
She has been settled into her new enclosure for about 2 weeks now, has webbed, been eating, and rather active.
I have never bred Avics. and any advice on the subject would be awesome.
I have bred Obts, with some success... Well ok, we got a sac and my female ate it... if that counts.. then my male died while on a date with a buddies female...
I'm pretty inexperienced in breeding, in general.. So any general advice will gladly be accepted as well.
Thanks in advance!

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Is your male mature yet? If not I advise against introducing him. (a lot of people just try to let them "live together" and when he matures they're already paired) If your male is matured Introduce him, and remove him after a week or two( if still alive) then just wait for a sac.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah, optimum timing is 2-3 months after a females moult. Otherwise, she can moult after the pairing rendering your males efforts useless. Worth a shot though.. how long have you had your girl?

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sweet! Looking forward to pictures of Avic love lol Hope it goes well for them :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Really exciting and really hope it goes well you deserve some good luck. Very best wishes to mr and mrs pink.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks HQ, would be funny to see a tarantula couple on a date to the pub :)
Im tempted to buy a passport and a wedding hat and invite myself over lol. They will make a lovely couple with lots of beautiful babies.

Atx13

3 Year Member
If you find your self with nothing to do and in the states, stop on by :). I'm hoping for a smaller sac if anything tho.. I don't think my girlfriend is gonna let me sale them if we get success.. She is in love with pinktoe babies :p.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If you find your self with nothing to do and in the states, stop on by :). I'm hoping for a smaller sac if anything tho.. I don't think my girlfriend is gonna let me sale them if we get success.. She is in love with pinktoe babies :p.

lets see if she still loves em when there are 100 of em lol

Atx13

3 Year Member
She will... she was asking about how many babies there could be and i told her i wasn't sure 100-200, maybe more.. who knows and she was like "thats a lot of new enclosures"....

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She will... she was asking about how many babies there could be and i told her i wasn't sure 100-200, maybe more.. who knows and she was like "thats a lot of new enclosures"....
LOL that is the best response ever!

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

That is Awesome!!!. just tell her, there are other pink toes....

Latest posts