• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. avicularia breeding

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She will... she was asking about how many babies there could be and i told her i wasn't sure 100-200, maybe more.. who knows and she was like "thats a lot of new enclosures"....
Lol tell her a lot of diapers to change as well (we call it nappies in england so not sure how to spell it )

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I LOVE A.purpurea! That was actually the Tarantula I was going to get for our first one...but then Karina came and stole our heart and we had to get her out of her awful situation. Glad we did, she's awesome! A.purpurea are high on my want list still :)

Richard Ray

3 Year Member
Yes, I can see Avics being tempting...I may have to add a few as my first arboreals as a step into working up to pokies....A. purpurea is very tempting.
We have 2 A. Avics they are really fast when they want to be, I really enjoy watching them eat, and all. But I don't know if I would want to bread them tho, have to see how things go down the road.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We have 2 A. Avics they are really fast when they want to be, I really enjoy watching them eat, and all. But I don't know if I would want to bread them tho, have to see how things go down the road.

They're a good breed, as long as you're ok getting $2 (or less) per sling. Financially, it's probably not worth the effort if your trying to make some extra money.

Atx13

3 Year Member
If i get a successful sac from mine ill be letting them go for next to nothing, possibly trade for other cheap slings just get a variety to make sling packages or something.
All depends on the success and how many i have really..

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If i get a successful sac from mine ill be letting them go for next to nothing, possibly trade for other cheap slings just get a variety to make sling packages or something.
All depends on the success and how many i have really..
Have they moved in together yet ? I hope it goes well .

Atx13

3 Year Member
Waiting for my girlfriend to get home from work, she wants to watch the introduction.

Atx13

3 Year Member
some introduction pics, neither one is really interested, lol.
WP_000679.jpg
WP_000682.jpg

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Silly Avics! Maybe they are more reserved and want to take things slowly lol

Atx13

3 Year Member
I put them in their own containers sunday night, gonna put them back together for a little bit this weekend, see if anything happens.

Latest posts