• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Your opinion: the most beautiful T species?

Gizalba

3 Year Member
First off, I have to say that I agree with a lot of what others have posted already but I want to point to ones not mentioned.

1. The Neoholothele incei (Trinidad Olive - Gold) is a beautiful T. I love the color contrasts and patterning, not to mention the crazy webbing.

2. Most Ts. It amazes me that many have the most amazing colors on the underside of their feet/legs where you don't even get to see it. This is possibly why I love my arboreal Ts so much. I actually get to see their flashes of iridescent coloring as they climb around their enclosures. You would think that more women would love Ts for this feature alone, right? Ladies, think 4 pairs of flashy shoes! ;-)

3. Although I don't yet own one, I have always looked twice, even three times at the Euathlus truculentus (Chilean Flame). I love that there are both red and yellow variants. Those colors look as if they were just brushed on with a paintbrush against the dark black... They're a show stopper in my mind.

I agree that the Neoholothele incei gold version is so pretty :) and in the right lights the abdomen does look gold which I didn't expect.

Here are Allegro (in daylight) and Harmony (in artificial light) :) >

Allegro after moult - Copy.JPG Harmony - Copy.JPG

One I forgot to mention is the Dolichothele diamantinensis. Mine is still a 1 inch sling:

Crystal - Copy.JPG

Here is a pic from google of the adult version:

1615322659802.png

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think under 3” is considered a dwarf so a David isn’t technically but they are on the small side. Same with Chilensis. Max 3.5” dls but not considered a dwarf (even thou it’s always spoken as if it is)

InsectsGlorifyGod

I agree that the Neoholothele incei gold version is so pretty :) and in the right lights the abdomen does look gold which I didn't expect.

Here are Allegro (in daylight) and Harmony (in artificial light) :) >

View attachment 54551 View attachment 54552

One I forgot to mention is the Dolichothele diamantinensis. Mine is still a 1 inch sling:

View attachment 54554

Here is a pic from google of the adult version:

View attachment 54550
Yeah, I have eyed the Dolichothele diamantinensis too but I just got my first GBB sling so as an adult, the looks will be similar.

NorseDad

I'm one of those weird folks who really likes earth tone T's.
My favorites from my collection:

P. auratus, the gold just looks so beautiful to me.
A. moderatum, I cannot wait for my two babies to get their coloration.
P. sp insignis, mine is a juvie, but is so cute with the pink markings.

ryanm7277

In my current collection, C. Versicolor, B. Klassi, B. Hamorii

Waiting for arrival as I just ordered, Thrixopelma Longicolli, Thrixopelma Cajamarca can't wait for them to get here, sorry it's five and if you can't tell I love Orange and Blue and Pink!!!!

Attachments

• B7899FEB-5BF0-4C7E-A2D7-DAC8E6D245E1_1_105_c.jpeg
    B7899FEB-5BF0-4C7E-A2D7-DAC8E6D245E1_1_105_c.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 1
  • E348DBB3-BDF0-4EF4-A958-C8AF2F648729_1_105_c.jpeg
    E348DBB3-BDF0-4EF4-A958-C8AF2F648729_1_105_c.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 1
  • 7E311B78-F20D-4750-A879-BC846E717DD7_1_105_c.jpeg
    7E311B78-F20D-4750-A879-BC846E717DD7_1_105_c.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 1

SullivanC

Can I say all species since I love all? but if I am not allowed to say all then I'll just have to choose 3 of them which are
1. P. metallica
2. T. albopilosus
3. P. murinus