• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Your Favourite Tarantula YouTubers

x_raphael_xx

I agree with both of you. Exotics Lair is what got me into Tarantula Keeping but then I started researching even more, and I have grown to not like his videos at all now Lol
I get irritated at how he always does things one handed. I think sometimes it would be safer for the Ts if he got a tripod and used both hands.
Hes also said things like ‘don’t put your bare hands in the enclosure’ while using bare hands and not tongs

TokeHound

I can understand maybe not wanting to be recognized by people you don't know. Whatever country he is in may frown upon what he's doing. Lol I feel he is from the Phillipine Islands maybe? Anybody else care to guess!
I thought he had mentioned at one point that he is not from the US because he has said "I don't know if you can find this T in the US" BUT he does tell how much money is spent and it's in US dollars so, no idea where he is. But it wouldn't hurt to know, because different people

TokeHound

I thought he had mentioned at one point that he is not from the US because he has said "I don't know if you can find this T in the US" BUT he does tell how much money is spent and it's in US dollars so, no idea where he is. But it wouldn't hurt to know, because different people
OMG I pressed Enter on accident. I was going to say different people live in different environments and it's nice to know how people are taking care of their T's in different conditions. Like I said, Exotic Lair is constantly battling mold and mushrooms. I would like to know what he's doing wrong so I don't have the same problem.

TokeHound

I like his content, he has some beautiful spiders, but I don’t like him. There was a video where his girlfriend rushed a male into the females enclosure to breed them, and the male was grabbed.

I like Tarantula Kat, Tarantula Collective, Daves little beasties, Tarantula haven and Dark den (whos sadly dropped down to posting once a week rather than twice).
Did you see the video of Exotic Lair's GF trying to pair two T's, one of the male's legs got grabbed and injured. She managed to separate them and she cut off the injured leg of the male Tarantula. I wasn't too happy about that

x_raphael_xx

Did you see the video of Exotic Lair's GF trying to pair two T's, one of the male's legs got grabbed and injured. She managed to separate them and she cut off the injured leg of the male Tarantula. I wasn't too happy about that
Yes, she rushed the male in, rather than giving them time to sense each other.
What frustrated me most was that he didn’t respond to any of the viewers comments in any way.
I felt he could have at least turned it into a learning opportunity and mentioned in the video that it wasn’t the right way to go about it.
I know males don’t always survive pairings, but you want to give them a sporting chance. It felt like he didn’t care at all because it was ‘just a male’.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I reckon I’ll comment on this subject.

I don’t really watch T-tubers anymore outside of Tom Moran, Jon (when he posts), two smaller post 2016 channels that don’t get much traffic, and others from before T-tube exploded and monetization and clickbait took priority over quality of care.

I do follow many of the post 2016 youtubers on Instagram and vice versa and I’ve even had a chat with a few in the past.

TokeHound

Yes, she rushed the male in, rather than giving them time to sense each other.
What frustrated me most was that he didn’t respond to any of the viewers comments in any way.
I felt he could have at least turned it into a learning opportunity and mentioned in the video that it wasn’t the right way to go about it.
I know males don’t always survive pairings, but you want to give them a sporting chance. It felt like he didn’t care at all because it was ‘just a male’.
I agree.

Latest posts