• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WTF IS THIS

SteelCooked

3 Year Member
I came back to my cage today to find something a little strange...
20140303_095728.jpg

The unidentified substance is about 5mm across.
Is it just poop and am I making a fool of myself? I am concerned because this doesn't look like the poop that I have seen before. Input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How long have you had her? Is she mature? I know sometimes you can see wee bits in poop, but the clear stuff around it looks odd...

SteelCooked

3 Year Member
I have had her since November. I think she is mature since I was able to sex her after her last molt. Are they always able to be sexed after molting or just when they are mature?

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've seen similar looking stuff in my guys, but typically in a substance that is about the same color as the bits, not clear. I'm fairly certain it's poop, a she isn't trying to make a sac and hasn't been with a male.

You can sex a tarantula at almost any age via molt. I use a small hand held pocket microscope to sex my babies once they hit an inch or so. It can be difficult, but once you know what to look for it is easy.