• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Would a GBB be better in a terrestrial or arboreal enclosure?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
For me, not destroying the webbing when you take the lid off is more important that if it's a terrestrial or arboreal. Give it room, give it plenty of ventilation, keep it dry & protect it's webbing & it will be happy.

I have kept them in both. What ever you keep them in, try to make something with a gap between enclosure side & lid. Currently, I use a Tarantula Room arboreal, as they have a downward facing surround to the sides, which the lid sits within & is thus clear of the webbing. But when I used a terrestrial Exo Terra plastic enclosure, I placed some paper over part of the top of the main body of the enclosure. So the GBB could web up to the top of the enclosure & not have it's webbing destroyed when I removed the lid. My GBB then used the gap between the paper & the top of the lid, as a loft area & was often to be found up there.

GarField000

3 Year Member
I use an enclosure with a little more room on top.
I put some plants, corkbark pieces and some branches in there so it can web around these things.
They never sit on the ground and always on something. Often the top or frontdoor :D
But also on their web, corkbark or whatever you put in there.

Latest posts