• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worried about my pink toe :(

thholyghst

So I’ve had my pink toe BB for about 2 months. She was always pretty slow moving and small. I’m not sure when her last molt was, I got her at a local pet store. The entire 2 months I’ve only seen her eat 2 medium dubia roaches on 2 separate occasions. I’ve tried different feeders, different feeding methods and she just won’t eat. She’s gotten quite thin and while she’s still responsive she’s even slower moving. She’ll turn away from food or push it away. I make sure she always has water but I’m not sure what’s wrong??

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31

Salatia

The picture doesn't really show much, as the abdomen is what we use to judge size and hydration. Do you have a full picture of the enclosure, and how do you provide water (and where)? What size food are you using and how often do you offer?

ilovemyt’s

I think your tarantula may be in premolt because my pink toe did the same thing and it just took a while before she molted. It was 3 weeks that she refused food before she molted.

thholyghst

The picture doesn't really show much, as the abdomen is what we use to judge size and hydration. Do you have a full picture of the enclosure, and how do you provide water (and where)? What size food are you using and how often do you offer?
I’ll take a picture today of her full enclosure and get a better pic of her abdomen as well.
I have a suction cup water dish up high where she typically stays. I keep that full but I mist the side/part of her web a little once a week. I’ve tried sm and med dubia, silkworms, horned worms cut in half and whole, medium superworms both live and crushed head. I’ve tried tongs, I’ve placed on her webbing, and I’ve left in a feeder bowl that I suction to the top. I offer once a week every week.

thholyghst

Here’s pictures of enclosure and the best shot I could get at her size. I’ll post a picture of her right after I got her for reference as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0458.jpeg
    IMG_0458.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0459.jpeg
    IMG_0459.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0462.jpeg
    IMG_0462.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9598.png
    IMG_9598.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 16

MrwidowBlack

Your T looks fine looks good for enclosure although when I use those zilla style enclosures for my Avics I put side holes and top ones for better cross ventilation. T's will eat when they eat and more then likely she's in intermolt stage.

Latest posts