• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Witch should I choose

What one do you think?

• Rednee

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Redleg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pinktoe

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
I was a bit confused as the first part of your question was "should i choose redknee, leg or pinktoe"

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
G pulchra
G pulchripes
B albiceps
B albopilosum

All are relatively docile, easy to care for and very attactive

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
If you want a beautiful T that will live a long time if you care for it properly, get a red knee. They are known to be one of the longest lived species and are very hardy. I've had my female for over 10 years and she will always be my fave :)

Andy Sherwood

3 Year Member
Should I choose rednee, red leg, or pinktoe?
Please only comment if you think a different T is better please answer

I get alot of people asking me what they should pick as a first spider. There are over 900 species (as of December 2013) to choose from.

Ask yourself a couple questions:

Do I want an arboreal, a terrestrial or a burrower?

Do I want something I can hold, or something that I can display? (I'll skip the controversy here, my view on handling is that if you want to do it, then do it safely with no risk to the T, no need to take "macho" photos, especially with Old World species).

Do I want something colourful or dull?

Do I want something small, medium sized or large?

Once you have answers to those questions you can narrow your search.

Personally, my own favourite of the list is Brachypelma smithi, but again that is an opinion.

marcfrick2112

3 Year Member
All those T's listed are great choices, but I am also a bit partial to Lasiadora parahybana. I used to have 2 MM's. My biggest was 9", and he (Sabre) was a ***** cat :)
Also, a vote for Acanthoscurria brocklehursti , attractive, great eaters, a bit more feisty than A. genics.

superpetguy1

3 Year Member
I get alot of people asking me what they should pick as a first spider. There are over 900 species (as of December 2013) to choose from.

Ask yourself a couple questions:

Do I want an arboreal, a terrestrial or a burrower?

Do I want something I can hold, or something that I can display? (I'll skip the controversy here, my view on handling is that if you want to do it, then do it safely with no risk to the T, no need to take "macho" photos, especially with Old World species).

Do I want something colourful or dull?

Do I want something small, medium sized or large?

Once you have answers to those questions you can narrow your search.

Personally, my own favourite of the list is Brachypelma smithi, but again that is an opinion.
Thanks that's great advice!