• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Winter enclosure for my slings

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
3D3FE35F-039E-47A3-BA26-49B49F0C96E6.jpeg

ABYZL

That's a nice set up! Mine are in similar with a heat matt at the back and a red light to both keep them safely heated and to prevent their little enclosures from being knocked over by the cats. :)

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
Do you have a heat source in there? Its hard to tell, if so I guess you are using a thermostat?

I would recommend a small cpu fan mounted to exchange air a little bit, you would only have to run it for maybe 1 hour per day or so.
Yes, heat matt on top, outside of tank— and yes, def have a thermostat —

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
That's a nice set up! Mine are in similar with a heat matt at the back and a red light to both keep them safely heated and to prevent their little enclosures from being knocked over by the cats. :)
I made a side from a sheet of acrylic and put dime sized holes in it for circulation— it helps keep warm air contained — the temp is a pretty steady 70-72. My house tends to get chilly at night (mid 60’s)