• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wierd tarantula behavior!!??

darkcobrabws

3 Year Member
My G. Rosea has the weirdest habits as far as laying goes. When i first got her, she'd do exactly what you described. Then she molted and she's even weirder now. Sometimes she just lays flat on her belly as if she'd been hit by a 2 by 4 from above. Recently i saw her literally lay down like a cat, slowly walk in circle then curl her 3 right front legs under herself and gently lay down on them and then move her other legs slowly as if trying to find a comfortable posture. The one that really made me scratch my head though...you see, she really doesnt stick to her walls very long. She get's to the top and then slowly slides down. So that time, she climbed backward in the corner top the top and just stayed there head facing down. At that point i knew what was gonna happen, she'd slide down and when she'd hit the ground she'd think something touched her from below! Well nope...she just stayed there, face first in her substrate. So glad i took a pic :D
DSCN0108.JPG

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
My G. Rosea has the weirdest habits as far as laying goes. When i first got her, she'd do exactly what you described. Then she molted and she's even weirder now. Sometimes she just lays flat on her belly as if she'd been hit by a 2 by 4 from above. Recently i saw her literally lay down like a cat, slowly walk in circle then curl her 3 right front legs under herself and gently lay down on them and then move her other legs slowly as if trying to find a comfortable posture. The one that really made me scratch my head though...you see, she really doesnt stick to her walls very long. She get's to the top and then slowly slides down. So that time, she climbed backward in the corner top the top and just stayed there head facing down. At that point i knew what was gonna happen, she'd slide down and when she'd hit the ground she'd think something touched her from below! Well nope...she just stayed there, face first in her substrate. So glad i took a pic :D
View attachment 1377

ok the reason why she is climbing is because rose like it dry and you have her on wet substrate so she is trying to get out. also if I was you i would add more sub because if she fell she could get hurt so you want to decrease the height of the fall. by adding more sub you will make the sub dry and she won't climb on the glass

entomology

3 Year Member
I agree with spiderengineer on this one:) water dish is sufficient but monitor humidity also and you could moisten the peat a little on one side of the enclosure to increase humidity to around 60% dont saturate the entire floor cover.

laura916

3 Year Member
View attachment 1377
This picture is hilarious, lmao

Latest posts