• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Anthony York

3 Year Member
P. Metallica started molting

Attachments

• 20230831_193716.jpg
    20230831_193716.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I always said Ts know what they're doing when it comes to moulting but today my Grammostola pulchra, Massa, proved me wrong. She moulted tight against the side of her container on her side and appeared stuck. Using tweezers I managed to pull her moult out of the way getting an attempt at a threat pose and then she wriggled free and turned herself upright.

Part way through her moult
DSCF6614(1).JPG

All done
DSCF6617(1).JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I was intending to rehouse my Chilobrachys Fimbriatus, Ashoka, yesterday but it had other ideas. I found it squashed in a corner midway through so I moved the hide which is under that mass of web to give more space. Today it is still squashed in the corner but seem fine even giving me a threat pose.

DSCF6636(1).JPG

Work up this morning to both Curlyhairs and my Vagans freshly molted. and back underground before I even caught a glance at them. Its days like today it confirms there is something living in those little acrylic cubes. lol

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Not today but last weekend & not a good molt for her.

Our Phormictopus cancerides was on her back & at least halfway through her molt last Friday night. On Saturday it was clear she needed some help, as she was still in her old molt. So with a little help from a cotton bud, some tepid water, & a pair of tweezers I slowly removed what I thought was all of the old molt from her. Having removed the old molt, it looked like, other than a single spinneret, she had come through it unscathed.

She was clearly stressed & spent Saturday with legs under her in a corner.

On Sunday she looked much happier. And it was either Sunday or Monday that we spotted some more of her old molt still stuck to her, this just lifted off her, no water needed & when that was removed her missing spinneret appeared.

Given what she went through, I did not like to use the word molted, until I knew she was well past it & all was well.

Other molts this week were a T blondi & a G pulchra. Both unsexed Juvi's.

Latest posts