• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where to get good enclosure?

shatteredpast7

Does anyone have any recommendations on places or people to get good enclosures with cross ventilation? The one i have now is acrylic but it was cheaply made and is being held together by tape on some corners.

Coradams

I like to use the acrylic display cases. They come in all sorts of sizes for baseballs, footballs, basketballs, dolls, model cars, ect. They are also easily found at craft stores and hobby shops. And being acrylic, you can drill as many ventilation holes where ever you like. I just make sure I get the ones with clear bottoms.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Keep an eye out for Petco sales, I scored 7 of them at $29 shipped and you can get an additional discount if it is your first order. You just have to constantly look and wait for it. Whenever it happens I stack up my inventory.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
For people looking for inexpensive enclosure for mid size terrestrial Ts, I have been ordering those by stacks of 5 (free shipping for order over $40).
They are round shaped with 10.5” diameter and 5 height.

shatteredpast7

Keep an eye out for Petco sales, I scored 7 of them at $29 shipped and you can get an additional discount if it is your first order. You just have to constantly look and wait for it. Whenever it happens I stack up my inventory.
I've been looking at Petco and local pet stores but all of them are like mesh top, and I don't want my T getting her hooks stuck.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've been looking at Petco and local pet stores but all of them are like mesh top, and I don't want my T getting her hooks stuck.
The nano tall are for arboreal Ts, no worries about them getting stuck. For the regular exo terra enclosures, you can make your own cover or use some scotch tape around the edges of the mesh (it worked on mine and stopped my terrestrial Ts from climbing.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Screenshot_20210217-052658.png

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You have to wait for the promotion

I’ll let you know whenever I’ll see something nice on Petco or Chewy :D
My local Petco at the end of last year was also running a promo on regular glass tanks, $1 per gallon, making the 10 gallons at $10
Nice
They usually exclude 10G and below from the $1 per gallon sale

Latest posts