• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where do you get your terrarium decor and accessories?

London System

I often see pics here and elsewhere of terrariums with really cool hides, decorations, etc. I've looked on Amazon, but the selection is surprisingly limited. Same with my local pet stores. Where do you get your stuff?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I make 90% from supplies like silk/plastic plants, cork bark, coconut shells, branches, etc.

Avoid actual rocks and anything you can't clean or throw away, albeit tarantulas won't lick/eat poop and get sick, it's just not nice to look at lol

I look at thrift stores. I recently found a huge terrarium piece that I was able to saw into 3 different pieces. I'm working on the repaint before I add some greenery I also got thrifting.

Johnnyblacksails

Like others have said, DIY is the way to go. Exotic shows can also sometimes have decent supplies and more unique decor etc. remember also though that simple
Is often better for tarantulas. I’ve seen some really awesome enclosures with crazy statues, formations etc. but those can also be death traps for a falling T. Not generally a huge issue if you mind your Ps and Qs with the set up but just something to be aware of.
Other than that get a glue gun, a Dremel
A soldering iron etc and go crazy.