• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where did you purchase your tarantula from?

Atx13

3 Year Member
well just had a look at pet & aquatic center Armley Leeds not much there so went on to tyrannasaurus pets in kirkstall leeds great little shop very helpful and know what there on about. Ended up getting a 3 week old Trinidad Cheveron Psalmopoeus cambridgei wow is it fast :) only cost £3.00. Thanks Donna for that post i will be looking at the other shops later. :)
Hey John,
That P. Cambridgei is a fantastic Tarantula, they are pretty speedy, and super skittish, and boy are they pretty when they get their adult colors. Psalmopoeus is another of my Favorites, keep it nice and moist and well fed, and that thing will grow like a weed!
Here is some info on them(ignore the part about them being aggressive, they will only even show a threat display if you corner them, they will run away before doing anything else)
http://www.care-sheet.com/index/Psalmopoeus_cambridgei . The rest of the info on that page is good to follow.
Can't wait to see some of pics of your new baby!

Atx13

3 Year Member
Thank you for your post ATX 13 i will take some photos once it has settled in to its new home now going to study that care sheet :)
Not a problem, cant wait to see the little guy!
I wish shops around me carried some Psalmopoeus, pretty jealous :)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey John,
That P. Cambridgei is a fantastic Tarantula, they are pretty speedy, and super skittish, and boy are they pretty when they get their adult colors. Psalmopoeus is another of my Favorites, keep it nice and moist and well fed, and that thing will grow like a weed!
Here is some info on them(ignore the part about them being aggressive, they will only even show a threat display if you corner them, they will run away before doing anything else)
http://www.care-sheet.com/index/Psalmopoeus_cambridgei . The rest of the info on that page is good to follow.
Can't wait to see some of pics of your new baby!

Fantastic post, and great link. I'd just like to add that as sling Psalmopeus species are much more of a terrestrial species, so don't be alarmed if it doesn't climb.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Got our two new T's (Rosie & OBT) from J&J Reptiles (local shop).

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
All of my purchases have been from online, one purchase from Michael Jacobi at Tarantulas.com. All the rest have been from breeders, collectors, and keepers.

Atx13

3 Year Member
I purchased some from a local tarantula guy "Sinkhorn Supplies", my H. Lividum from another dealer at a reptile show, and all my misc. Haplopelmas and my G. Rosea from Jacks pets, a local pet shop in town.

Latest posts