• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When should I check on my tarantula?

Sab113

Hi guys,

We've had our 1cm Cyriocosmus elegans for about a month and a half. When I first rehoused them, they did the usual exploration of the enclosure, then burrowed down and closed off the hole. There has been no webbing, no sightings of them since and they haven't eaten since they came home - and no, there's no risk of enclosure escape!

I don't want to make the new owner mistake of digging up the enclosure to check if they're okay, but I'm quite concerned that at this point, they might not be okay.

What do you guys think we should do? Wait it out or check on them and risk possible stress?

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
I would leave it bit longer if you have more then one seem to me like they could be getting ready to molt . Since I rehoused both C. leetzi caught one that likes coming out early in morning then hides away and the other I have not seen since the rehouse must about month .But these are subadult -adult I think they do hide away a lot till they get bit bigger .

Latest posts