• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

whats your fave???

gex

3 Year Member
Sorry if this has been a post before im using my phone and search aint doin anythin.

Whats your absolute fave T in your collections and whats your ultimate T on the 'wish list'

Pics too lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
In my case it's a toss up between my Oligoxystre diamantinensis for colour and my Iridopelma Hirsutum for it's hairiness and the personality vote has to go to my Brachypelma albopilosum

Oligoxystre diamantinensis

Iridopelma Hirsutum

Brachypelma albopilosum - bums up

Ghost

3 Year Member
It's hard to pick just one favourite as I have a few for different reasons,anyway here's two of my favourite old worlds,
H.maculata
image.jpg

S.crassipes
image.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If I had to absolutely pick a favourite, I still couldn't pick only one, so here's my reluctant Top 3:
My G. Rosea, because she got me into Tarantulas. I never wanted a GR, but fell in love with her at the reptile shop, while pricing up housing for a future purchase. I don't regret it, because she is anything but a pet rock, although she does go through long fasting periods:
IMG_6031_zps6ca9b001.jpg

My A. Geniculata. She never hides, eats like a horse when not in premolt. Makes me laugh chasing after water droplets of hogging her water dish. She doesn't let a lost fang (molt) stop her neither. Plus I think, she's very beautiful:
IMG_6623_zps951a2b4c.jpg

Difficult choice, but I think my A. Versicolor just edges into 3rd. Apart from her obvious beauty, she amazes me with her transformation from skittish shy electric blue juvie to quite confident visible subadult. Greedy attitude, bites into everything first in case it's edible (when I rehoused her she bit straight into the paint brush, no threat pose, flicking or running away, so definitely food related, lol). One of the last photos of her "baby colours":
IMG_6544_zps57b79ad6.jpg

All that said, all of the other 5 Ts I've got, they're all great with different behaviours and looks. B. Boehmei, going from Scarlet Pimpernel to Mr/Mrs Here-I-am (actually sleeps during the night and comes out at day time). P. Met sling, coming out of its shell more and more, never a hassle. GBB sling, always busy webbing, but also always sitting on top, great eater. T. Gigas, went from tiny leggy stripy thing, to beautiful fox coloured juvie, stalks its prey relentlessly. And not to forget, my tiny LP, who never hides, is starting to hunt for its own prey now and is just so cute.

gex

3 Year Member
@Ghost wow those are some mean looking Ts! The paterns on the maculata are really cool! Thanks for sharing.

@Fuzzball79 thanks for sharing, all lovely Ts....my first T was a rosea too, saw one today a wee juv was sooooo tempted theres something about the first i think u always end up with a soft spot, mine was a grumpy girl called parker...came with name, hated me spot cleaning lol.

I was planning today for getting my first slings was thinking a curly hair, Lp, chile red and poss b smithi lol i think iv researched enough its go time haha

Steff

3 Year Member
My absolute favourite T is the P. muticus, aka the King Baboon. I have a sling, but my absolute goal is to get an adult female :) I do love my G. rosea, though. She was the first T I got, and she's been (so far) very gentle and calm.

spidey noob

3 Year Member
i dont have a favourite T as sutch, but i do have two that are a bit more special to me than the others
my largest b,smithi as it was my first T

my b,vagans as it is my first confirmed female

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's tough. I love Avics and pokies a lot. They're probably my 2 favorite genera in the hobby.