• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's a good temporary container bigger than a 16oz deli cup?

Sharno

3 Year Member
Hey all -

I have 20 juvies that are growing out of their 16oz deli cups and I want to give them more room. Is there a similar "temporary housing" (i.e. deli cup type) that can be bought in bulk that gives more terrestrial room (i.e., I know the next sized deli cups are taller, not wider).

I can move them into small plastic containers if need be, but something disposable I think would be better. I plan to trade or move most of them but want them to be comfy and have room in the meantime.

Thanks!

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree with @sdsnybny on the plastic products you can buy at the dollar store. I just rehoused my G. pulchripes and B. schroederi in some small sterilite boxes that I bought at dollar general.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mason jars with holes punished into the lids would probably be ok although ventilation might not be all that great.

Clear plastic boxes from amec are extremely affordable, some costing less then $1 if you know where to look. Only a soldering iron is needed to add ventilation.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For how big of a spider? The ones from Sam's or Costco are mammoth!! I mean those pretzel tubs.
I used a cheap enclosure.jpg

Latest posts