• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What type of heat pack for shipping?

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Is there a particular kind you should use, or should not use? Also, what are the risks as far as overheating, or are there none? Thanks! :)

TJB13

3 Year Member
I see nobody is replying to this. I've never shipped tarantulas. There are some good videos on you tube. I don't think the heat packs are anything special. Just an insulated box, heat pack not directly touching the animal.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Not sure exactly what type to use but make sure you send in something well insulated. @Kenny. can chime in on heat packs, hopefully

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I use 48 hour packs from superior shipping. They're made for shipping animals, and therefore do not get too hot. I use em with an insulated box.

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
Im glad you're being sensible and want to keep them warm.
Back in 2008 I had three avic versis shipped from the USA to wales in UK. No heat pack in there. Thought they were dead when they arrived. Containers were cold and they were all curled up. Took them out, room temp wasnt enough to bring them around so i folded a towel up and put in ontop of a heat mat and put them on towel, i swear it took over two hours before the one started to uncurl its legs. I picked them up gently once they started to come around and had them on me for my body heat, it then took another two hours before they were walking around. Needless to say the seller had more than a mouthful of abuse off me