• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is my tarantula?

Obee

I just got this new baby and the pet store said it was shipped without a label so we have no idea what it is. Any guesses would be greatly appreciated! It’s probably half an inch to an inch long. The legs have a darker segment followed by lighter ends. Very small ringlets can be seen between the carapace and the legs and it might have stripes on the legs near the joints.

Attachments

• IMG_6128.jpeg
    IMG_6128.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6129.jpeg
    IMG_6129.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23

Sugar Wolf

Yea on the Petco website looks like they sell assorted Brachypelma species so it might just be a
Brachypelma emilia (Mexican Redleg) pretty much just a smaller version of the Giant Leg lol...

Obee

Yea on the Petco website looks like they sell assorted Brachypelma species so it might just be a
Brachypelma emilia (Mexican Redleg) pretty much just a smaller version of the Giant Leg lol...
The sling photos I can find look very similar. Personally I hope it’s an M. robustum but an Emilia would be a welcome addition to my collection. It spends most of its time in hiding so I haven’t gotten any more pictures but I will update the forum as I can.