• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What’s the accuracy of gendering a 2” G. Pulchra sling?

SER_313248317

Recently bought a G. Pulchra that’s labeled as a Female. Bought it because I’ve been wanting one of these species for years (ntm G. Pulchra here is very rare, which means more expensive, but she’s worth it imo). When she came to me, she’s smaller than I expected. Around 2 inches. But the seller did send me her molt that’s examined through a microscope, and there’s indeed a flap, but I’ve read various people’s experience how hard it is sometimes to gender a G. Pulchra, much less a sling that’s around 2 inches or less… I’ve also read about something where there’s some male slings that can have flase flaps (?), but would later shed it when it’s big enough, like when it turned into a juvie (don’t know how accurate this one is though).

I also trust the seller (2nd time I bought from them), but still, it’s my first time buying a gendered 2 inches sling, so I’m kind of nervous. Most slings I’ve bought is around 2 inch or 2cm.

Anyone here who have an experience when it comes through gendering a sling’s molt through a macro lens, microscope, or even a jeweler’s loupe? And how accurate is it?

Any insights is welcomed, thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_8585.jpeg
    IMG_8585.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8554.jpeg
    IMG_8554.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts