• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird LP behavior.

Listershat

3 Year Member
My LP molted earlier and has been sitting on the old skin. Every now and then it seems to be trying to eat or kill it. It really tries to bite into it with it's soft white fangs, rolls it around a lot, then sits on it again. Bizarre. Is it trying to get moisture out of it, break it up for disposal?
Anyone else had this? I tried looking it up but there was just a whole page of people arguing without any answers. Ta.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
My LP molted earlier and has been sitting on the old skin. Every now and then it seems to be trying to eat or kill it. It really tries to bite into it with it's soft white fangs, rolls it around a lot, then sits on it again. Bizarre. Is it trying to get moisture out of it, break it up for disposal?
Anyone else had this? I tried looking it up but there was just a whole page of people arguing without any answers. Ta.
I have heard of this behavior before, I saw it happen on one of RobC videos on youtube that his LP did the same thing, turns out she actually ate the molt. I'm not sure if its harmful or not to the T...but I would try to remove it asap.

Listershat

3 Year Member
LPfinsmall.JPG

Thanks people, it's fine - still a bit exhausted obviously. It was something I'd never seen before and it was really chewing on it with it's soft fangs so I hope it didn't damage them.:)

Latest posts