• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water spots on acrylic enclosures

Margritte

Hello,
Does anyone have any advice on how to remove water spots on spider enclosures? I would never use chemicals. Is it even possible to remove the water spots? My enclosures for my high humidity group are looking bad. Thank you.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's years since I rode motorbikes all year round as my sole mode of transport. But I do remember cleaning my visors with potatoes. The added advantage is it also leaves a clear waterproof layer behind, which stopped the visor misting up. So it should also stop the acrylic from staining again. Or at least slow up the problem.

The cleaning process is as simple as cutting a potato in half & rubbing the visor (enclosure) with the potato.

Margritte

Hello,
Does anyone have any advice on how to remove water spots on spider enclosures? I would never use chemicals. Is it even possible to remove the water spots? My enclosures for my high humidity group are looking bad. Thank you.
Wow, I will try that. Safe and effective. Thank you kindly!

Margritte

It's years since I rode motorbikes all year round as my sole mode of transport. But I do remember cleaning my visors with potatoes. The added advantage is it also leaves a clear waterproof layer behind, which stopped the visor misting up. So it should also stop the acrylic from staining again. Or at least slow up the problem.

The cleaning process is as simple as cutting a potato in half & rubbing the visor (enclosure) with the potato.
Woops, replied to myself. Thank you kindly. I will try this. Safe and effective