• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Indiana spider??

Derrick

3 Year Member
okay I live in Indiana in the United States and was curious on what type of spider this is? Looks like a male huntsman spider mixed with a type of crab spider.. Any ideas? Lol
image.jpeg

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i thought huntsmans were from Australia? Kinda blurry to make out any markings. Not sure.

Derrick

3 Year Member
They are that's the weird thing this one looks like a cross of that a huntsman and a crab spider

Derrick

3 Year Member
i thought huntsmans were from Australia? Kinda blurry to make out any markings. Not sure.
Also what type of species is your profile pic? Dwarf of some kind? Resembles a green bottle blue. Just can't tell on my iPhone.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's my son's GBB sling "Marley". She's about 2.5" give or take now, suspect female, but the last molt was too torn in just the wrong spot to verify. That pic was taken after her most recent molt in December.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
okay I live in Indiana in the United States and was curious on what type of spider this is? Looks like a male huntsman spider mixed with a type of crab spider.. Any ideas? Lol View attachment 14107
Assume that it is dead? Looks like she lost a pair of legs somewhere. Photo is a bit dark and can't zoom in very well. If I had to guess, it is some type of grass spider (Agelinidae sp.). Be careful picking up what you don't know. At first glance I thought it was a recluse. Ouch.

Derrick

3 Year Member
Assume that it is dead? Looks like she lost a pair of legs somewhere. Photo is a bit dark and can't zoom in very well. If I had to guess, it is some type of grass spider (Agelinidae sp.). Be careful picking up what you don't know. At first glance I thought it was a recluse. Ouch.
It was bathing with the kids lol ode rather me get bit by something dangerous than them though. Thanks for the caution though.

Latest posts