• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Upgraded arboreal enclosures

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
After pondering the idea for a while i decided to rehouse my arboreal slings into larger enclosures. My a.versicolor was in a 100ml pill pot, my other 2 avics and my p.cambridgei were in 25ml pill pots. Most people recommend pill pots for 1-2cm slings, i agree to the most part but there was just something about these 4 slings that gave me the feeling they felt "cramped" and i thought abit more room is better than not enough room lol. I searched about, and stumbled across a website that sells empty plastic sweet jars. Id seen similar on ebay for 3-4 times the price. I also bought some bigger ones for my pokies. My p.metallicas are ok in their current enclosures for now but i wanted to rehouse my p.smithi. So i ordered some and they are great.
Www.keepitsweet.co.uk
3x 3ltr jar 110mm neck
4x 380ml jar 70ml neck
3x 110ml lid
4x 70ml lid
Total £9.55
Postage 1-2 day courier £4.99

I got a piece of 1cm2 graph paper and traced around the lids, used a sharp nail to poke holes through at the points where they lines crossed, placed the template over the lids, used a marker pen to dot holes on the lid and drilled through with a 1.5ml drill bit (Yes im ocd with things like that, it took longer than just drilling holes but i like to have things perfect lol).
f9da415e4142ee72a263ee25578963a6.jpg

I think they look abit big for them at the minute but as soon as they have all webbed them up to their own liking, im sure they will be perfect for the next handful of molts.
5508adae4d5fc8eebf9e51da1ad0510f.jpg

75c70b61c56a8d8f6447683437953ac9.jpg

Speaking of molts, my female gbb molted this morning [emoji2]

Latest posts