• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Unexpected treasure

khatchet

3 Year Member
after about 3 week move the eggs to a incubater. To do that you very carfuly cut open the sac again carefull not to hurt any eggs. make sure to check in on them make sure theres no mold starting. Also see hom many egg there are to see how many deli cups youll have to get. Remove any bad eggs they will mold and kill the rest if left in.To see how to make a incubater and one bad eggs look like you can go to youtube.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
after about 3 week move the eggs to a incubater. To do that you very carfuly cut open the sac again carefull not to hurt any eggs. make sure to check in on them make sure theres no mold starting. Also see hom many egg there are to see how many deli cups youll have to get. Remove any bad eggs they will mold and kill the rest if left in.To see how to make a incubater and one bad eggs look like you can go to youtube.
Thanks a lot, little stressed out lol. My first, hope I don't bungle it. Any other advice, please don't hesitate.

Spidershed

3 Year Member
after about 3 week move the eggs to a incubater. .

Dont you think that 21 days is extremely early to pull the sac for this species ?
Pulling the sac this early will only result in getting eggs but if the sac was pulled a few weeks later there would be a much higher chance that there wil be EWL's.
Brachypelma eggs are slow developers compared to many species, many people (myself included) pull Brachy sac's somewhere between 30 and 40 days depending on the temperature.

Spidershed

3 Year Member
Very few people these days leave the egg sac with the mother, most people will pull the sac (for most species) at around 30 - 35 days. This will generally result in EWL's (eggs with legs) or N2's (nymph stage 2) it is relatively easy to keep these in a homemade incubator until they moult into slings.

khatchet

3 Year Member
After 3 week the egg have been rolled if the mother did her job. I have know sevral people that pull all sac at 3 week to one month and have alot of sucsses

Latest posts