• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

under tank heater

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
brand doesn't really matter but it helps to have a rheostat.
I keep mine in the mid 80s and feed oats,oranges, and dog-food.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I just keep a smaller that normal heating pad of whatever brand they had at the shop. I only keep it on the side of my breeders tub (5gal plastic tote) with the grow out tub next to it catching some residual heat. For food they get a 50/50 mix of fish flake food (50% protein, plant and animal) and turtle pellets (50% protein, plant only) with added oranges, banana, whatever fruit I have going old in my fridge. My six week old nymphs are all starting to hit an inch long.

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
Seeing as how us Canadians cannot have roaches. I've always been curious about them and have some questions. I've read they breed easy, but do they breed a lot? How long do they usually take to get from just being born to adults? I've not really found a whole lot of info on them.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Seeing as how us Canadians cannot have roaches. I've always been curious about them and have some questions. I've read they breed easy, but do they breed a lot? How long do they usually take to get from just being born to adults? I've not really found a whole lot of info on them.

They breed easily and each dubia female will pop out about 20 babies a month once the colony gets going. I have damn near two thousand currently growing out from a colony that is 4months old. I had to cut my breeders back based on my need because I was getting so many. I started out with 44 females and 11 males (1:4 ratio) and I was getting over 400 babies a month. I now have 12 females and 4 males producing around 240 per month. Still more than I need, but less to sell off. Birth to adult usually takes around 4-6months depending on food quality and heating. My six week old nymphs are around an inch long now.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
You'll find a lot of info on reptile forums. Reptiles eat a lot more than Ts so these guys usually breed tons of roaches.