• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ugh, my c versicolor must be on a diet

Matt300ZXT

I swear, aside from one of my itty bitty t albopilosums slings, this is the most anorexic spider I have. Even well before molt it pretty much wouldn't eat. It molted on the 30th of last month and it's abdomen is tiny. Surely this thing is hungry but it refused it's after molt meal and just went to feed it again today and it hasn't gone after the red runner yet. All my other spiders pretty much destroy what i put in there with extreme prejudice but this spider must be all boujee and demands only the finest bugs.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Do you have a picture? They’re normally decent feeders and if he has a small abdomen there’s a chance it could be mm

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Small abdomen usually indicate dehydration or it could have an issue with its sucking stomach?

Matt300ZXT

Ok I just went back in and checked and it finally got the roach about am hour and a half later, it was just taking its sweet time. It's still a pretty small spider but as long as it'll eat and grow, im happy. Just had me worried. Maybe when it gets bigger it'll be a bit more voracious.